Winter 2020 VHF-UHF Field Day Contest - 20&21 June

23cm, 2.4/3.4/5.7/10/24/47 GHz and above - antennas, propagation, operating, etc. Includes Optical communications, with light,
VK4OE
Frequent Poster

Winter 2020 VHF-UHF Field Day Contest - 20&21 June

Post by VK4OE »

Greetings to all,

I wasn't sure into which posting category I should place this announcement - I guess that it's of more interest to readers of this category than contests in general or purely 144 and 432 MHz, but the Winter VHF-UHF FD Contest is only a week away. An announcement plus the rules are available on the WIA VHF-UHF FD Contest web pages.

To start off possible interest/awareness in this event, weather permitting, I propose to go to Kamarun Lookout (QG61NU) on the Saturday evening (it's winter solstice time!) starting around 6:00 p.m., followed by Mt Gravatt in Brisbane (QG62MK) starting around 6:00 a.m.

I propose to have available all bands from 50 MHz to 76 GHz.

Here's hoping for good weather and good activity! Let's all talk about it and publicise it in every possible way...

Cheers and 73,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.
VK4ALH
Forum Novice

2020 Winter Field Day

Post by VK4ALH »

Hi All,
I'm planning to go to Howells Knob on Saturday for the afternoon session of the Field Day (1100 - 1800 aprox).
I'll have 2m, 70cm & 23cm.
Will not be able to go there on Sunday morning.
Does this clash with any other plans?
Leicester
VK4ALH
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Re: Winter 2020 VHF-UHF Field Day Contest - 20&21 June

Post by VK4CLG »

Sunshine Coast ARC VK4WIS will also be entering the Winter field day from the Sunny coast QG63MI. Working 6m to 2.4Ghz and possibly 5.7Ghz and 10Ghz. We don't have 3.4Ghz at the moment. We will be entering the 24Hr section but not operating over night. We will shut down from around 8pm or 9pm Saturday night and start up again around 6am Sunday morning.

Also one of our members Leicester VK4ALH will be working portable from Howells QG63JF Knob for the first 8Hrs on the Saturday. He will only have 2m to 23cm.

Robert
VK4LHD
VK4OE
Frequent Poster

Re: Winter 2020 VHF-UHF Field Day Contest - 20&21 June

Post by VK4OE »

Greetings again....
It seems that the drizzle which prevailed most of today may have kyboshed most activity. It's certainly the reason why I'm not out anywhere this evening....
Although the BOM is forecasting Sunday as a carbon copy of today, I propose to do a "rain check" (pun intended!) early on Sunday morning with a view to operating from Mt Gravatt for a few hours.
All bands are already installed in the van so I'm hoping for at least some VHF/UHF/Microwave contacts.
Failing that, the Tuesday evening "23 on 23" beckons, again needing weather that's compatible with portable operation.
Here's hoping!
--Doug, '4OE.