5.7 GHz transverter - finished (finally)

23cm, 2.4/3.4/5.7/10/24/47 GHz and above - antennas, propagation, operating, etc. Includes Optical communications, with light,
VK4EA
Forum Diehard

5.7 GHz transverter - finished (finally)

Post by VK4EA »

vk4ea to vk4uh.jpg

Should be 10W at the feed (Directive Systems) with a DB6NT preamp mounted at the feed point. Dish is 1.5 metres (I won it at a Gippstech raffle yonks ago). DN6NT transverter fully sequenced with a minikits sequencer kit. For the video I lengthened the delay to make sure things were being switched properly.
IMG_1355.jpeg
IMG_1359.jpeg
IMG_1358.jpeg
IMG_1360.jpeg
Cheers,
Peter
VK4EA
VK3QI
Forum Diehard

Re: 5.7 GHz transverter - finished (finally)

Post by VK3QI »

Peter,

Looking at your pictures, it appears that you are using about 4 metres of blue jacket RG402 for the TX feed line. Is that correct? Have you considered the loss in that length of cable on the 10watts from the amplifier?

Cheers

Peter VK3QI
ADMIN
Dumb Schmuck

Post by ADMIN »

Youtube tags fixed!

Youtube1.JPG

FYI...
The only thing required between the Youtube tags is the actual video ID, not the entire URL.
Youtube2.JPG
Leading horses to water since 2005.
VK2BLS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2BLS »

Peter,

Nice job.
Just getting feet wet at 3.4Ghz waters atm, so encourging to see your 5.7Ghz setup.

73 Darrell vk2bls
VK4EA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4EA »

VK3QI wrote:Peter,

Looking at your pictures, it appears that you are using about 4 metres of blue jacket RG402 for the TX feed line. Is that correct? Have you considered the loss in that length of cable on the 10watts from the amplifier?

Cheers

Peter VK3QI
2 metre lengths and yes understand there is some loss at 5.7 GHz. When the piggy bank gets a little fatter I’ll upgrade to something shorter and better performance. The preamp at the feed overcomes the RX loss a bit, not too concerned about the TX performance at the moment. Just happy to get the sequencing right and actually complete a QSO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Peter
VK4EA