Cheap eBay 2m Amps

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK1JA
Forum Diehard

Re: Cheap eBay 2m Amps

Post by VK1JA »

VK5TM wrote:Considering this comment in the description, it's one I wouldn't touch with a 40ft barge pole.
Kit parts needs its own debugging, and installation procedures photos, debugging instructions, I have limited time does not provide advice, do not understand those who buy with caution
True that !

Once purchased you'd be on your own. But for someone with a bit of know-how and willing to give them a try it'd be well worth it, even if it's just to experiment with.

I've noticed that some have had good results from the 100w version, it'll be interesting to see how these 170w versions turn out.
LA9XNA
Forum Novice

Post by LA9XNA »

If you look at the pictures it seems to be the same as the 100W amp.
The MRF186 is rated 120W, any more will cause falure of the transistor.
My guess is that the seller is using the input power to te amp in stead of the output.
VK4DCM
Forum Novice

Post by VK4DCM »

Hi I bought one of these kit of parts I call it I followed GM4JTJ s description and without that I would have sent it back well got it assembled but the DC resistance of the gate of the FET is 180 ohms so cant set the bias to anymore than 1.5 volts and it wont draw any current I think the FET is crook any one got on they can test the gate resistance please i have sent a message to the seller on ebay but wont hold my breath. Thanks