IC-9100 no TX audio fault & a fix

Transceiver mods, fixes, issues, reviews
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

IC-9100 no TX audio fault & a fix

Post by VK3BA »

G'day All,

I saw an interesting fault on my IC-9100 tonight. I've had this rig since about 2013 (inc 23cm & DStar options) and have regularly used it remotely from around VK3 via the BA1 remote client. One of the shack PC's is on 24/7 as is this rig for remote access. Been running fine for a few years.

Got home tonight, threw the Heil Proset headset on, hit the foot switch and no TX audio using the rig locally from the shack. Tried a desk mic, hand mic, etc... same result. Played around with the on-board mic audio gain settings... same result... using my IRLP node repeater in audio reflector mode. After a little bit of research, I performed a partial reset of the rig and now the TX audio is as good as gold. The rig now performs & functions as per normal.

I haven't seen that fault before, therefore I wonder if anyone else has? I suspect it was a once in a blue moon processor lockup...

Cheers,
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA
VK3RX
Forum Diehard

Re: IC-9100 no TX audio fault & a fix

Post by VK3RX »

I bought mine back in 2012, with same options.

I had a similar fault and separately some other glitch quite some time back. Did a partial reset both times and the unit came good.

I put the causes down to thunderstorms in the area at the time, though if they were within about 5km the antennas would have been disconnected.
Damien VK3RX