QRM Foxtel IQ3

Electromagnetic Compatibility, TVI, BCI, etc Interference Issues
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

QRM Foxtel IQ3

Post by VK4UH »

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem to here

I run a Foxtel IQ3 satellite receiver for normal TV reception as cable is not available at this QTH.

This "upgraded" system from the previous IQ2 system has been fraught with lock up issues and, judging by the internet postings, a lot of unhappiness amongst users. Mine has been already been replaced twice for this problem.

I am now noticing that lock-ups are also being caused by (my own) HF operating across several bands even at the 100 watt level from antennas that are a fair distance away. once exposed to an HF signal the box stops responding to control commands, will not change channels etc and has to be hard rebooted by removing its DC power. It then take s up to 10 mins to get its "life in order"

Interestingly I run a second room IQ2 "box" from the same dish-LNB-feeder and it appears to be immune to this problem.

Ive already tried the usual "first aid" measures with clamp-on ferrites on the antenna cables to the IQ3 box and winding its DC input lead around a ferrite toroid - all to no effect

Has anyone else experienced this problem on their own or on a neighbours satellite TV system? If so has anyone successfully found a cure I wonder?

Kevin VK4UH
Brisbane
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: QRM Foxtel IQ3

Post by VK4TI »

have you swapped the boxes ? room to room
worth a try as the thing might be cables not boxen
other thn that might have to retire the newer box retrograde ( maybe a firmware update ) or psu change
VK4EA
Forum Diehard

Re: QRM Foxtel IQ3

Post by VK4EA »

KJ, that's the Bluetooth remote un-pairing itself. Ask Foxtel to send you a IR remote. The Bluetooth ones are the root cause of your dramas.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Peter
VK4EA