'Ring-of-Fire' vTEC heating effect

Non band-specific propagation & Solar Cycle discussion
VK6DVR
Forum Novice

Post by VK6DVR »

Back on 27-Apr-2015, I created a text file note on this subject (purely as a passing observation):

'Ring-of-Fire' below crust transferring an increasing heating effect on TEC as it travels over Pacific Ocean (when compared to other zones of the world).

Now, I seem to be revisiting the same subject, nearly to the day, one year later.

Is what I'm observing fact-or-fiction, or have I 'taken-leave-of-my-senses' and am 'off-this-planet' drifting around the cosmos? (careful, how you answer that one!)

For all the years you other guys have been observing the vTEC (Vertical Total Electron Content) images from either NASA or IPS, and my short 2-3 years of obs since a 30-year lapse in AR activities, am I seeing things when each day as the sun traverses the Pacific Ocean, that TEC seems to rise significantly, then decreases again over Asia/India, etc. This seems to be greater when the sun is over the Northern hemisphere, where the arc of the 'Ring-of-Fire' is more prominent. It seems to be stronger not over the centre of the Pacific, but more Westwards.

Do you think it could be a possibility that the earth's magnetic field surrounding the 'activity' of tectonic plates around the 'Ring-of-Fire' grinding away at each other, are producing enough energy to modify (and maybe focus upwards) earth's magnetic field lines, such that it heats up the upper atmosphere somewhat?
NASA: 2016-04-04_0325Z_Latest_rti.gif
IPS: 2016-04-04_0318Z_World_tec.gif

Ring of Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire

Glossary - Guide to Stratovolcanoes:
https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/hazard/strato ... ssary.html

640px-Pacific_Ring_of_Fire.svg.png

640px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

Earth Observatory of Singapore, NTU
http://www.earthobservatory.sg/resources/maps/ring-fire

This could be why the Kiwi NZ/ZL'ers seem to get better propagation paths to the USA, when all the ducks are lining up, while leaving us poor DX-deprived Westerners out on a limb.
Danny Robinson, VK6DVR
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Re: 'Ring-of-Fire' vTEC heating effect

Post by VK3ZAZ »

Kiwis have 2 f hops that's why and se VK4, Ill send you the K6FV iono map made two cycles ago showing sweep along intense local es each day..

TEC maps and red blobs>

Yeah right..

We used to use Contour maps and MUF and even they didn't work.

Too much theory as u and I found out when we could work each other

OT

what would I know lol :om:
Tread your own path :om:
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Re: 'Ring-of-Fire' vTEC heating effect

Post by VK2HRX »

There is certainly wierd stuff we dont understand happening in the mantle below the earths crust that isnt always that far away. Eddy currents of liquids with lots of Fe in them are postulated. How to scientifically relate that sort of postulation to RF behaviour.... that would likely be a Nobel Prize.
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney