HAMTV Live!

Discussion about orbiting satellite, and balloon launches
VK4KHZ

HAMTV Live!

Post by VK4KHZ »

Last night at around 11:25pm local QLD time I observed that the HAMTV transmitter was switched on and the camera was attached. I could see UK astronaut Tim Peake inside the Columbus module working away. Amazing!

Frequency was 2395 Mhz, symbol rate of 02000. Antenna used 1.2m kit mesh dish.

Regards

Shane VK4KHZ
Attachments
Tim Peake.JPG
VK4KHZ

Re: HAMTV Live!

Post by VK4KHZ »

The handheld you see in the top right hand portion of the screen is in fact the ARISS transmitter which is used for the scheduled school contacts. It is amazing to finally see fast scan TV pictures in real time from ISS.
VK1JA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK1JA »

Very impressive. It would've been great to watch.

Even more reason for me to get the 13cm gear up and running!
VK4KHZ

Post by VK4KHZ »

Yep, drag the gear out and if you require any assistance in getting setup for HAMTV reception we are more than willing to assist by passing on the learning's to date. This is possibly the most unforgiving mode I have experienced but once you have overcome the many obstacles it is very satisfying indeed.
Last nights experience was great, and the timing was perfect, as the astronaut appeared to have just turned the camera on the HAMTV transmitter in preparation for a scheduled ARISS contact over the UK.

Regards

Shane VK4KHZ
VK4KHZ

Post by VK4KHZ »

https://youtu.be/i1ul4NAFfew

And this is what the astronaut was preparing for last night.
VK4KHZ

Post by VK4KHZ »

The HAMTV transmitter is now powered off. It is expected to be powered back on sometime after 8th March 2016.

Regards

Shane VK4KHZ
VK4KHZ

Post by VK4KHZ »

The HAMTV transmitter onboard the ISS is powered back on again. I received over 6 minutes of video lock earlier today as the Space Station passed over QLD
Frequency 2395 MHZ @ 02000 s/rate