Get off Social Media_Radio-Active Weekend

Contesting, Field Days, Activity Days, Portable operating, JOTA, SOTA
VK4TS
Forum Diehard

Get off Social Media_Radio-Active Weekend

Post by VK4TS »

The 19th and 20th March has a great event on the Australian Ham Radio Calender - The John Moyle Memorial Field Day.

It is time to find the power Button on the radio and turn it to the ON position; skilled and more fortunate operators may have more than one radio and can then exhibit dexterity by turning more than one on !

These Radios (instruction manuals are usually in the top drawer) Have amazing features - You can hear people talking on them. Again referring to the instruction manual you can actually talk back to them.

This amazing piece of technology pre-dates Social Media - I know that is hard to believe but I can assure you that is the case.

The Start time of the John Moyle Memorial Field Day is 01:00 UTC - which aligns with the time Zone for Budapest for reasons that may be obvious to some.

You can enter for all of the 24 hours or a shortened 6 hour stint or heaven forbid - not even bother to send in a log and just enjoy yourself making contacts.

After you have given this a try you may like to participate in the next Radio Active weekend -

Lets make it a plan Stan - get on air for the one weekend - off social media and give the bands - any bands, a real rattle in the John Moyle Field Day,
Trent VK4TS
PO Box 275 Mooloolaba 4557
Mobile 0408 497 550 vk4ts@wia.org.au
VK2AVR

Re: Get off Social Media_Radio-Active Weekend

Post by VK2AVR »

MWRS is planning 2 camping trips - one near Mittagong and one in Barrington Tops near Polblue. So we plan to rattle the sky from multiple locations :)

Also we are planning on taking our 3.4GHz panel to Barrington so if anyone wants to try a contact send me a PM and we'll make a sked.