ZL1TPH
Frequent Poster

VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contest news

Post by ZL1TPH »

VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contest news
This Weekend…

DX Weekend Contest:
All bands 6 m and up, on Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th of February 2016

For all contests, the operating periods are 5 pm to 11 pm on the Saturday, and 7 am to 1 pm on the Sunday, NZ local time.

The contest rules are available on the NZART website: http://www.nzart.org.nz/activities/cont ... and-above/

All contest logs should be sent, to arrive within two weeks, to: VHFcontest@nzart.org.nz or to stephen_hayman@xtra.co.nz

Stephen Hayman - ZL1TPH
ZL1TPH
Frequent Poster

Re: VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contest news

Post by ZL1TPH »

Also to add:

If ZL stations send a picture or two of their field or portable station setup, or for that matter, home station setups I will happily include as a montage in the results. Like last time with the December Field Day results.

Better to have a few pictures to tell the story – rather than just text wording results.

They may even appear in the Break-In magazine and this will assist Simon ZL1SWW our VHF scene editor.

They overall purpose is to advertise the activity to the majority of the hams in New Zealand and so hopefully ahead drum up a little more activity in future VHF contests.

Cheers, Steve
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

Can someone confirm if VKs can give points out in the ZL VHF contest?

I will we watching closely from here over the contest hoping for some propagation

Several bands available!

Kevin VK4UH
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
ZL1TPH
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1TPH »

Yes KJ overseas stations can give points out in a ZL contest. The 6 metre band would be ideal for this and it has happened before when the band opens on 2 metres.

Likewise in the past I have given out contest numbers to VK stations working their contests.

Like the VK contest rules we keep operation on or above 50.150 MHz. Mostly the spot frequency of 50.150 is used rather than moving up. That is because activity levels are not as high, on 2 metres most sit on or around 144.2 MHz.

If I see VK stations logged by ZL operators we record those VK station callsigns in our contest results.

Cheers, Steve
ZL2FAE
Forum Novice

Post by ZL2FAE »

This will be a rather somber contest as ZL2ADU won't be an active participant .

I will be at my ZL2FAE/p location running horizontal polarisation SSB on 50.150, 144.2, 432.2 & 1296.2.
ZL1TPH
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1TPH »

I'm still sad re the sudden and unexpected passing of Harry ZL2ADU.

In the morning will be QRV Cape Rodney in the contest. 144.2 only beaming South ZL.

Cheers, Steve
ZL1TPH
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1TPH »

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that contest logs are due by the end of this weekend

Currently seven logs have been received along with two check logs and 31 stations active.

A suggestion was received recently re introducing a Top Home Station Winner. This has been included and will continue throughout 2016.

Please feel free to disseminate this to other forums.

With many thanks…

Steve - ZL1TPH