X boom Fibreglass material source

Related discussion about towers, masts, and transmissions lines
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

X boom Fibreglass material source

Post by VK2HRX »

I needed a new fibreglass x boom for my Maspro X yagi sat antenna set up on my El rotator. Couln't find a local source who had stock or who c/would make qty less than KMs. The M2 one out of the USA was perfect but was going to be expensive at $249.00 USD + freight so I went searching in China.

I found this company:

Gloria
Export Dep
Dongguan Jinwang Fiber Product Company
Bldg. 1, Hongzhuding Industrial Zone, Cunwei Village, Hengli Town, Dongguan,Guangdong,China
Email: dyj.hs@163.com Tel: 86-0769-23388248
Mobile: 86-13532454990 Fax: 86-0769-23388249

I used email and Gloria was perfect in English, very promt and gave excellent customer service. So I took the risk and ordered.
Payed via PayPal and the goods shipped via FEDEX and arrived in 5 days door to door.

I ordered a 2m (Vs the origional of 1800mm) fibreglass pole and the OD matches the origional so will fit the Kenpro/Yaesu EL rotator. Wall is slightly thinner but it doesnt flex when I lean on it so I reckon I will be OK.

Price was $7.30 USD ea per pole. I lashed out and bought 2!
Freight was $75.00 USD

I cant comment on longivity in the air etc but if you are lookng for fibreglass poles, booms etc these guys could be a good option.

Seeing as I have money in the bank so to speak I may get some Al to fit in the middle like the M2 one has. I'll still be way ahead.
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney