Anyone know about Radia Chipsets??

23cm, 2.4/3.4/5.7/10/24/47 GHz and above - antennas, propagation, operating, etc. Includes Optical communications, with light,
ZL1SWW
Forum Novice

Anyone know about Radia Chipsets??

Post by ZL1SWW »

Hi All,
Happy New Year!
A short time back, I had procured a bunch of Axxelera base station modules running on the top end of 3.4 to 3.5 GHz.
As usual, one wants to see about how much can be used from the modules or reconfiguring it to work on 3.4 GHz.

The unit revolves around some chips made by Radia. Now I have googled around and don't find much about them or the chipsets. I suspect they have internal PLLs and such a well as RF Amp sections.

I am trying to find info for the RC1221 and RC1222 on the TX side and then for RX there are RC1212 and RC1216.

Failing that, has anyone seen the logo on the chips before? Maybe that they have been taken over by another company under a different name.

The Whole transceiver part number is 020-26320-0803. These are used by WISPs and may be WiMax.

Pics attached for samples.

Cheers & thanks,

Simon
ZL1SWW
Attachments
Part Number
Part Number
Chip 1
Chip 1
Chip 2
Chip 2
VK3ZYC
Forum Novice

Re: Anyone know about Radia Chipsets??

Post by VK3ZYC »

Hi,

Try this as a starter.

Points to some other part numbers to try.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Radia_Communications

Jim VK3ZYC
ZL1SWW
Forum Novice

Re: Anyone know about Radia Chipsets??

Post by ZL1SWW »

Thanks Jim,

That pointed me in the right direction.
Was able to download some old PDFs of the chips.
They are obsolete and look quite tricky to drive. At least I know what I am up against. Not so many discrete stages that us hams can reuse. All done in a big chip. Several feeds of 1 wire serial to drive it. Oh well, at least the PA section can be of use. That's a separate bit..

Cheers & thanks,

Simon
ZL1SWW