VK3RX
Forum Diehard

Amateur radio - a 21st Century hobby

Post by VK3RX »

Damien VK3RX
VK3LHB

Re: Amateur radio - a 21st Century hobby

Post by VK3LHB »

Nice video, good presentation to show all those people who ask me 'well what is this amateur radio all about'?
VK3GYH
Forum Novice

Post by VK3GYH »

Thanks for the link.

A very professional and well thought out video. Good to see it has an emphasis on attracting young people to the hobby.
Cheers and 73,

Mike VK3GYH / M0GYH

"De omnibus dubitandum"
VK5LTD
Forum Novice

Post by VK5LTD »

Just a few thoughts but I'm wondering if targeting both sons AND fathers/guardians isn't a worthwhile recruitment strategy.

An interesting technical hobby that sons and fathers ( or mothers for that matter) could tackle and learn together - quite possibly from an equal footing.

If a father can see value and opportunity in the hobby for both himself & son - far more likely to stick with it.

If son shows some technical inclination, curiosity, most parents would encourage this hobby to explore and learn. Beats PlayStation!

I'm not too keen on the tag line either- they seem at odds as radio is considered by many to have peaked in the 20th century and the word "amateur" can have negative connotations.

I'd like something along the lines of Communication Technologies or Commtechs- just think it is more encompassing- representative of the modern hobby. Maybe some younger members of the hobby have better ideas than me as well!