Best place to buy SMD capacitors

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK7DB

Best place to buy SMD capacitors

Post by VK7DB »

Hi all,

Wheres the go-to place in Aus to get decent quality SMD capacitors in small quantities without paying silly prices?

Thanks,
Dion.
VK3TU

Re: Best place to buy SMD capacitors

Post by VK3TU »

I bought my last lot from Rockby Electronics in Clayton. You can Google them up, they do mail orders and can do most chip-cap sizes in small or large quantities.

Not sure they do ATC or porcelain though if that's what you're after.

Bert
VK3TU
VK5TM

Post by VK5TM »

Surprisingly, RS http://au.rs-online.com/web/ can be quite competitive if you take the time to dig through their online catalogue.

Also, by setting up an online account, you get free freight, even for very small orders.
VK3AV
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3AV »

Mini Kits also stocks a decent range. Not sure how prices compare but they had all of the ones that I was after... Mind you I spent a larger amount on connectors etc to make the cost of freight more worthwhile. Minimum quantities apply to make it more practical to pick & pack.

Regards
Bernard
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2EM »

Dion, back when our dollar had some respectability about it, I always bought my SMD components for my transverters from 'RFExtra' on eBay. for example...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/0603-4-7pF-C ... r_HhcqONSw
He has excellent components, but a little more expensive now.

Hope this helps...

Bruce VK2EM
Bruce VK2EM
VK7DB

Post by VK7DB »

Thanks people, I will check these places out..

Dion.
VK2AVR

Post by VK2AVR »

Element14 is becoming more and more competitive lately. I find their prices quite acceptable for small quantities as long as you are prepared to hunt and find the parts with lowest price. They have some shockers in there too but it's usually easy to avoid those.