ACMA inspecting lots of F Calls

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK4VIP
Forum Novice

Re: ACMA inspecting lots of F Calls

Post by VK4VIP »

Well that is highly possible but I have seen ACMA driving around my town before.
Have seen a Toyota Prado with lots of antennas and ACMA on the side.
Also the same day i seen a bloke on a push bike with what looked to be a small 900mhz yagi.
So they do get around but think they only come this way if there is some sort of interference.

Sent using Tapatalk from my iPhone 5c iOS 8.2
Brandon
Central Queensland

VK4FABB

Yaesu FT-857, Codan 8525a, Yaesu FT-757GX, Yaesu FT-600, Yaesu VX-7R, Baofeng UV-5RE+, Tait T2000ii VHF, GME TX3600, Motorola GP328,Yaesu FT-2800M,Vertex VX-2500, Tytera MD-380
VK2AAH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2AAH »

The remote places I have been with ACMA field officers... so they don't know where central Queensland is eh? Just go on believing that... Your answer was best Brandon- if you don't make a pest of yourself you will only receive a site audit if they are in your area doing something else. I'm sure as taxpayers we would want them attending to their customers needs first... a ham minding his own business & not causing complaints isn't a priority.

Richard
VK2AAH
VK4VIP
Forum Novice

Post by VK4VIP »

Oh yeah, i don't think that they don't know where we are, we are only 120km west of Gladstone, and i have seen them out here a few times
Brandon
Central Queensland

VK4FABB

Yaesu FT-857, Codan 8525a, Yaesu FT-757GX, Yaesu FT-600, Yaesu VX-7R, Baofeng UV-5RE+, Tait T2000ii VHF, GME TX3600, Motorola GP328,Yaesu FT-2800M,Vertex VX-2500, Tytera MD-380
VK3SJ

Post by VK3SJ »

It amazes me that this issue with transmitting equipment being able to transmit out of band continues to attract interest of certain RI's. The operator has the license, not the equipment. The operator is required to operate within the LCD. Most ex military, marine and commercial equipment, and a good deal of amateur transceivers by design are capable of out of band operation i.e. Yaesu ft101, the B version of this radio even covers 27mhz.