SK: ZL2IP

A place to remember those who have become a Silent Key (SK)
ZL2ADU

SK: ZL2IP

Post by ZL2ADU »

Ted ZL2IP ex ZL2TAX, ZL5TAA, VK1ZEB Unfortunately joined the ranks of the silent keys on Saturday 23 August 2014.
Ted had been a very keen VHF enthusiast since he got his first call in about 1964. He was active on 1296 EME and had gear for most other bands from 50 Mhz to 24 Ghz.
Teds funeral was well attended with hams coming from all over New Zealand.. He will be sadly missed..

73 RIP Ted
VK2DVZ
Frequent Poster

Re: ZL2IP SK

Post by VK2DVZ »

Sad news indeed. Ted had worked across the ditch on 23cm SSB on several occasions. I was honoured to have worked him on some of those tropo openings. His signal will be missed in VK.

Ross VK2DVZ
Ross, VK2DVZ
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

I remember him from my ZL days. He was one of the real pioneers in ZL VHF and a help to many others. He was a common catch from ZL1 during the VHF field day (what fun they used to be, I guess they still are).

Wayne VK4WDM (ex ZL1TLR, ZL1AZP).
ZL1TPH
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1TPH »

HI all, there may be a drop of confusion with ZL call signs and I sincerely apologize if I am incorrect. I attended the funeral of Ted ZL2IP, ex ZL2TAX a good friend of mine. Ted was 73 years of age.
At the funeral, and sat beside me was Ray ZL2TAL. Ray is 89 years of age and looking forward to the next tropo opening to VK. Ray told me he is starting to get blocked a bit towards VK with pine trees on his west horizon - but will do his best this summer DX season.
Cheers, Steve
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

I am sure that Ray will still be handy with a chain saw :mrgreen:

Wayne VK4WDM
ZL2ADU

Re: SK: ZL2IP

Post by ZL2ADU »

Ted ZL2IP ex ZL2TAX, ZL5TAA, VK1ZEB became SK one year ago today.. We all miss you Ted RIP

Harry
ZL2ADU