Forum Diehard

IC-7600 Firmware Update

Post by VK4GHZ »

Model name IC-7600
Download Type Firmware
Version Version.2.00
Update 18-05-2015

Improvements

• Waterfall screens, mouse operation, and other additional functions have been added to the spectrum scope.

• An APF AF Level setting has been added.

• CI-V commands for antenna control, logging software and RIT/DELTA-TX have been added.

• TX Delay (HF/50M) settings have been added to adjust the TX delay time.

• A Standby setting has been added to remotely turn ON the IC-7600 transceiver by a command from the REMOTE jack.

• "MOS-FET" is now the default value of "SEND Relay Type."

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/dow ... index.html

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Telstra 4G network.
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Re: IC-7600 Firmware Update

Post by VK5PJ »

Thanks Adam,
had only checked the web site a few weeks ago and it was not there then. Went through the update process today but did notice the ability to restore my setting to what they were before cold not be completed, the final OK button was not available on the menu, maybe I missed a step but anyway, glad I have a PROMEDIT backup of the memories to re-load them all.

Regards,
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
ZL1RS
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL1RS »

It worked OK for me Peter ... saved "all" memories and settings, loaded the new firmware, then loaded the file saved earlier to restore the memories and settings. The "OK" appears after one manually scrolls down the to the end of the warning box. I guess Icom want to make sure we have RTFM ... yeah, right :roll:

The waterfall certainly isn't "SpecLab", but the new TX Delay might be useful.

Bob, ZL1RS in the Bay of Islands at RF64vs
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi Bob,
ZL1RS wrote:It worked OK for me Peter
No matter what I did originally it would not let me restore, now when I go back there to the menu, it now is happy to restore the settings file. Looks like it is a "carbon life form error" over here.

The waterfall is nice but more of a frill when you have been using spec lab for a long time, hope to have time to experiment with the power on command so I can turn the 7600 on from the house for remote operations.

Regards,
Peter