MSRX V4.0

Things that do not fit in the above categories
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

MSRX V4.0

Post by VK4UH »

msrxv4.0.PNG
I have been running the previous version of MSRX (V3.4) behind WSJT during FSK441 Meteor Scatter operations.

Although there is a time delay before decoding this is an amazing programme that has a second go at decoding meteor pings and often provides full decodes by stitching together data from multiple pings received in a single Rx period.. As users will know it is a laborious piece of software to install and requires MATLAB to be running. It actually reads the .wav files recorded to the HD at the end of each Rx period by WSJT

It has proved well worth the effort once fully operational.

There now a newer version MSRX V4.0. This has a much improved GUI but I am having problems getting it to run.
My instance will decode from a pre-recorded wav. file but only once..

It then comes up with the error message
ans=
name btnfcn
ans=
line 1234

Has anyone had V4.0 working properly and has anyone else seen this problem?

KevinVK4UH
Brisbane
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Re: MSRX V4.0

Post by VK5PJ »

hello KJ,
yes I have MSRX 4.0 running on the shack PC. I like you had ver 3.4 going for quite a while and when some one alerted me to the new version, I tried it and it failed badly. Do not remember the exact errors but it was a pain in the a***. Tried loading the maths engine all over again but to no avail, so I went back to ver 3.4.

I brought home a loner PC from work (same make and model as mine) and loaded a lot of my HAM stuff onto it, thought I would give v4.0 a chance on a fresh PC and it worked a treat, hmmm the plot thickens. Fast forward about 6 months, had to rebuild my home PC so installed MSRX ver 4 and it worked first time. Mind you it DOES scroll information in the console window during the decode process, ver 3.4 did not do that from what I remember.

How to fix a PC that has had ver 3.4 on it? to be honest no bloody idea, sorry

Regards,
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

Thanks Peter
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Kevin
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

KJ,
go to the 'Documents folder' for your login and remove this file: msrx.mat

not sure if its the answer as I am not willing to break my install to find out.

Directory of C:\Users\vk5pj\Documents\MATLAB

15/02/2015 07:31 AM 431 msrx.mat
1 File(s) 431 bytes
VK4MIL
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4MIL »

Well done PJ that worked I removed that file it created a new one and now it's working
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

Thanks Peter
I am unable to locate the MSRX.mat file anywhere?

You did write MSRX.dat on the I- Chat this morning - but cant find that file either??

KJ
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK1JA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK1JA »

Hi All,

I've partially got MSRX working at the moment, but need a bit of help...

I've got the program looking/loading at the most recent .wav files outputted from WSJT 10 with no problems, but even when WSJT decodes something, MSRX just shows blank details in the decoded area - it does show the audio profile of the .wav file that has the burn in it, but no decoded details show.

Also, how do you enter in your callsign, locator, utc clock info into MSRX as it's blank on my install, and I can't find a config file for it anywhere :(
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi Jason,
ok last things first, the My Call and My Locator, UTC-clock .. etc ... fields are just double click in them to set text (not so obvious)

When I open MSRX, I click on the FILE button until the button below shows: "every period" then I click on that button (the one that now says "every period' it should now turn a light orange / salmon colour and then MSRX will process the data for each WAV file created by WSJT.

To Exit or change options for decoding, click on the top of the two left hand buttons (the one that says/said "FILE") and cycle through the options to get the one you want, then click the bottom of the two that has the action in it.

Might sound a bit confusing, but once you have cycled through the options a few times it becomes easier, hope this helps a bit.

regards,
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK1JA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK1JA »

Thanks Peter,

As you said, not so obvious in the manual!

My other problem was the OpenGL error/problem and the program not displaying any decoded text. I found the explanation in the last part of the manual and a simple 'double click on the empty part of the graph display' and up popped all the text.

So all is up and running, I don't have anyone around at the moment to test it out on a real signal, so might have to wait until next weekend :)

Thanks for your help.
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

MSRXfault.PNG
still struggling here with MSRX which has previously worked faultlessly.

I have versions 3.4 4.0 and now 5.0 all showing the same fault - they will decode the first .wav file but then sit like a shag on a rock

I have not been able to locate the MSRX.mat file discussed in earlier posts
despite automatic and manual search

I do see the warning

"Single line edit controls can not have multi-line text"

- not much help to me - does this mean anything to anyone else!

Any suggestions?

KJ
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

KJ,
here is what MSRX 5 looks like when I start it:
Attachments
MSRX 5 startup
MSRX 5 startup
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
- Winston Churchill
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

finding the MSRX.MAT file for when you change version or have problems.

Open a CMD prompt as Administrator ("Windows Command Processor" is its full name), so on the start menu in the search portion, type CMD (Win7) on Win 8.x use the Windows key + S to search.

Right click on the result that shows a BLACK icon with the text: "C:\_" in it and select the option that says run as administrator, a windows will open where DOS style commands can be typed.

Below is a sample of what I have done to find the MSRX.DAT file that needed to be removed before later version of MSRX would run.
locating the msrx.mat file
locating the msrx.mat file
Hope this might help anyone still yet to find it when updating from the version 3 series, V5 seem to be happy reading the V4 config file as I just updated without removing the old msrrx.mat file and it has gone smoothly for me.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
- Winston Churchill
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

As here even going in with Cmd. I still cant locate the MSRX.mat file as screenshot attached?
Attachments
MSRX files CMD.PNG
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK3HZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3HZ »

Hi Kevin,

For the first line, you needed to type cd \users (backslash was missing).

I think you're using Win XP, so another way to find the file is to use the Search function:

. Click Start, and then click Search.
. In the Search Companion dialog box, click All files and folders.
. Enter msrx.* as the file to search for
. In the Look in box, select drive C
. Click Search.

Regards,
Dave
VK3HZ