QSL Cards - myqslcard.com

VK2GJC
Forum Novice

Re: QSL Cards - myqslcard.com

Post by VK2GJC »

Hi Ken,
Thank you very much for your input, the proof reading and explanation was excellent feedback :D It makes more sense now.
Everything in this universe has a unique frequency, all you have to do is tune in . . .
DE VK2GJC, Greg Cogar - Ulladulla NSW South Coast - Grid: QF54fp
VK2ABP

Post by VK2ABP »

Just wondering if there was a way to set the paper-size so that your card takes up the entire page (instead of a corner of an A4 page)

I was able to check using my VK0BP call in the log (and others can look using that call for example)

Cheers,

Bob - VK2ABP
VK2GJC
Forum Novice

Post by VK2GJC »

The PDF can be designed to fit any size, so making it A4 is not a problem but why would you need this option? Are you think of creating a certificate or award style confirmation :idea:
Everything in this universe has a unique frequency, all you have to do is tune in . . .
VK2GJC
Forum Novice

Post by VK2GJC »

I changed MyQSLCard to create a jpg image so people can download it and then use it to print or add to another website to display they worked my station.

I also added a different QSL Card for each band worked so you can collect the series.
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ZAZ »

VK2GOM wrote:Interesting on hearing about suggested specifications for paper weight...

I have some QSL cards from 20+yrs ago from the old Soviet Union, and some of those 'cards' were very paper thin, and the printing very dubious quality. Cost was an overbearing factor for some back then I think.

How times have changed!

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
yes they were broke peasants under communist dictators working in collectives
Cards were recycled egg cartons and most came PO BOX 88 MOSCOW
East German cards even worse some gastetnered on paper with blue ink.
First Chinese cards were block printed.

I remember the garbo asking me what they were when I consigned about 165000c cards to my wheelie bins in past few years after I cleaned out 10 dxpeditions.
prob come back as afformentioned egg cartons
I haven't printed a card since 2000 and very soon all the blanks left from 10 expeditions and guys I have managed will join their counterparts in the recycle bin.
All the logs are now on LOTW.
Today worked EP6T and confirmed him on LOTW 12 hours later don't need card, or IRC or greenback or envelope, very environmentally sound practice IMO
Tread your own path :om:
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

I qrz and eqsl , fast simple cheap and has to do as I don't qsl any other way . Some find it annoying but this is a hobby and the participation can be fun without waiting years like we used to , some dx stuff took years and never if you didn''t greenbak a card :(
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Final courtesy

Post by VK3ZAZ »

VK2GJC wrote:The point of my post was to show how myqslcard.com can exchange a QSL card without printing a posting.

It seem to have gone in a different direction :?

I look forward to more people trying it out an offering me some more feedback.
On my card I had final courtesy of qso is a qsl.
Given cost of postage and production IMO cards are redundant
As manager over decades I have developed a reputation for being quick and honest but still had people hang it on me
cards went astray, stolen, stripped of stamps and to this day still get requests dating back to last century
I have all logs on LOTW and get hits every day and confirm countries I require these are all QSL ARRL TWO WAY CFM

2 cents
Tread your own path :om:
VK3VKT
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3VKT »

Hi Greg

just tried it and it looks good

is this something you are going to sell or give to the average Ham to use??

cheer's Andy
Andy Kay VK3VKT can be found lurking on VK3RBW 438.450 91.5 tone
Club net 8pm Wednesday nights on the above repeater open to all
MERC Webpage | MERC Facebook Group | My QSL Card site
VK2GJC
Forum Novice

Post by VK2GJC »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback.

At this stage it has been designed to help me and getting My QSL Card to other hams.

I have had some interest and may look at it one day.
VK3XL
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3XL »

Good work Greg, I think many will find this an option for their QSL problem.
I use a combination of eQSL and the old fashoned dead tree method. I work on the principle of if someone sends me a card I will send one back.
I only chase cards form DX entities I dont have confirmed yet (usually direct with the "green stamps" included).

By the way I print my own cards using a QSL printing program and 120gm card stock and a colour lazer printer for free.(apart from the cost of printing)
here is a link if anyone is interested.
http://www.mannini.it/software/QSLmake24.zip
sorry for going off topic at the end there
73 Mike
VK2GJC
Forum Novice

Post by VK2GJC »

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate your comments.

Yes we all need a paper card as many hams still want that and your link to a QSL printing program is also appreciated.

Other Hams may be in the same situation as me, I have thousands of cards stored in boxes in the shed, I don't know what to do with them, has anyone got any creative ideas? :idea: