Help with Reprogramming an Atmel Processor

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4OE
Frequent Poster

Help with Reprogramming an Atmel Processor

Post by VK4OE »

Greetings to all.

I have a piece of equipment (a GPS disciplined 10 MHz reference) that uses an Atmel processor and it has a fine performance problem which its overseas manufacturer has suggested may be able to be cured by reprogramming the processor using a HEX file that they would provide.

Problem is that I don't have either the hardware nor the expertise/experience to reprogram an Atmel processor.

Is there someone who can assist please, particularly around South-East Queensland, or even further afield?

I will be most grateful for any assistance! Please reply to this posting, or direct to uwaves ( at ) bigponddotcom

Thanks in anticipation,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: Help with Reprogramming an Atmel Processor

Post by VK4TI »

VK4OE wrote:Greetings to all.

I have a piece of equipment (a GPS disciplined 10 MHz reference) that uses an Atmel processor and it has a fine performance problem which its overseas manufacturer has suggested may be able to be cured by reprogramming the processor using a HEX file that they would provide.

Problem is that I don't have either the hardware nor the expertise/experience to reprogram an Atmel processor.

Is there someone who can assist please, particularly around South-East Queensland, or even further afield?

I will be most grateful for any assistance! Please reply to this posting, or direct to uwaves ( at ) bigponddotcom

Thanks in anticipation,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.
I could be wrong but isn't that the chipin the Arduino uno? , you should be able to find a suitable usb driven socket on ebay for less than $10.00
a simple programme will do the transfer off you computer , surely the gps people will confirm this ? , perhaps supply a source for the software
VK4OE
Frequent Poster

Re: Help with Reprogramming an Atmel Processor

Post by VK4OE »

Hello Trent and thanks for your suggestions.

Firstly, I wouldn't have a clue about any link to Arduino.....

Secondly, the GPS company are being very helpful and, since my first posting, have suggested freely downloadable software and low cost hardware that can be readiy acquired, plus assuring me that reprogramming the chip is not difficult.

I've also received a very helpful offer by way of a PM to this Forum so that may get me over the learning curve 'hump' that I am presently facing.

Cheers and thanks!

--Doug, VK4OE.