Participation in Space missions.

WSJT 65 (and variants) Discussion
VK2FAK

Participation in Space missions.

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all...

I wonder if amateurs in Australia are planning to join in and attempt to copy the Missions later this year which will be using WSJT software....Missions by Beijing, Lunar Spacecraft (JT65B) and the Japanese Asteroid Mission.

John
VK4KSY
Forum Novice

Re: Participation in Space missions.

Post by VK4KSY »

Thanks for the info John.

Do you have any more details on this to share around.

David Vk4ksy
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all....

Hi David....have a read, there is more detail here...scroll down till you find the stories one after the other... This may be of interest to the EME'ers for a change of pace....

http://amsat-uk.org/

Rob also made a comment about one of these missions early last month( EME section ), with no replies and so I guess totally no interest.

John
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3DXE »

HI John,

I indeed intend to have a listen for this and may try to incorporate it into a presentation at one or both of our kids' schools.

I believe there was a thread or a post relating to this several weeks ago?
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all...

Not sure what post or thread you remember....the only one I could find was by Rob in EME....and no discussion there, no replies in fact......if there was one I missed , please guide me to it...

Its good that you will make a project out of the events, with your presentation....this sort of thing does not happen often..where Amateur radio is asked to participate...in the deeper space stuff.

John
Last edited by VK2FAK on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VK3FKRK

Post by VK3FKRK »

would like to but my fcall is not aloud can talk then but
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all...

Well this is not all about talking its more about, tracking and trying to decode some Telemetry.....I think 1 of the birds has a transponder though... The Japanese one....mode J

But of course you can still participate....in trying to capture some of the telemetry..and send it in..

It makes a nice change from satellites only about 600km away......may capture some, and may not, its in the trying thats fun.

John