Kenwood HS-5 Headphones

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4WTN
Frequent Poster

Kenwood HS-5 Headphones

Post by VK4WTN »

hi all, I am looking at getting some headphones for CW on my TS590, the Sennheiser headphones I bought are terrible on CW.Looking at the Kenwood HS-5 and wondering if anyone is using them and what their opinion is of them
regards Wayne VK4WTN
VK4NWH
Forum Novice

Re: Kenwood HS-5 Headphones

Post by VK4NWH »

Hi Wayne. I have HS-5 Kenwood headphones. Had mine for about 20 years. They work fine on cw feel pretty comfortable to wear. I have tried padded ones over the years but always pick up the HS-5 whenever I want headphones. Just feel better all round. Cheers.
VK4WTN
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4WTN »

thanks Wayne I bought a set of sennheiser HD280 earlier this year and they are terrible on CW but ok on SSB so I wanted to make sure that the HS-5 was ok on cw
thanks Wayne VK4WTN
VK5APN
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5APN »

Wayne

I use the HS-5 for CW. The BEST by far for CW, nice audio roll off to cater for the CW enthusiast. Use mine extensively for weak signals on 2m, which is backed up with a MFJ DSP audio filter.

Recently used on SSB and could not hear the CW station, so plugged the HS-5's in and signal popped right out. Could not use my CW-N due to the fact I was using a PC program to generate SSB CW (tones) so stuck with the SSB audio bandwidth.

Regards

Wayne

VK5APN
VK4WTN
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4WTN »

Thanks Wayne, I want to use the HS-5 mainly on CW. I have ordered a set which should be here in a week or so.
regards Wayne VK4WTN