Looking for DC power connectors

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Looking for DC power connectors

Post by VK3ALB »

Hi All,

I'm looking for a source of 6 pin Molex DC connectors suitable for Kenwood radios (TS-50). Can they be found in Australia?

Thanks

Lou - VK3ALB
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK2OMD
Forum Diehard

Re: Looking for DC power connectors

Post by VK2OMD »

VK3ALB wrote:Hi All,

I'm looking for a source of 6 pin Molex DC connectors suitable for Kenwood radios (TS-50). Can they be found in Australia?

Thanks

Lou - VK3ALB
Lou

They are not actually Molex connectors. (If Molex produced a keyed connector, it would probably work properly... see Serious hazard of common 6 pin DC power connector on ham transceivers.) Whilst the shells are definitely not Molex, Molex 0.093" series pins are compatible.

Have you tried Kenwood spares... that is where I bought the last ones. You might be able to get them as an Icom spare, but I have found that buying Icom spares is more difficult than Kenwood spares.

You can often buy made up cables c/w fuses for a very reasonable price from the dealers, but it pays to shop around.

FAMPARC often advertise "hard to get DC connectors" on VKHAM meaning the ones you are after... though they aren't really that hard to get.

Owen
VK1XX
Forum Novice

Post by VK1XX »

I have a kenwood TS-50 and Yaesu FT857- they both use the same DC connector.... that might help
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

Thanks to those that replied. Found one at Strictly Ham.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour