SK: VK4BBS

A place to remember those who have become a Silent Key (SK)
VK4ADC
Forum Diehard

SK: VK4BBS

Post by VK4ADC »

Brian Beamish VK4BBS, previously VK4NDE and VK4AHD, passed away Thursday 7th August 2014.
The funeral service will be held at the Sunnybank District Baptist Church, 127 Nemies Road, Runcorn on Thursday 14th at 2PM. Amateurs who knew Brian are urged to attend.

Brian was an early RTTY & packet BBS operator and continued for many years, and was active on satellites, APRS, HF and VHF until several years ago when his health deteriorated and his voice became somewhat feeble.

Many older amateurs will remember him as the man behind CW Electronics back in the 1980s and as the primary Brisbane outlet of Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood gear and amateur accessories in SE Qld at the time.

He leaves behind his wife Maureen and children Stephen, Cathy, Christopher and Susan, plus a number of grandchildren.

Vale VK4BBS (SK)
Last edited by VK4ADC on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug VK4ADC, QG62lg51
http://www.vk4adc.com
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: VK4BBS SK

Post by VK4TI »

VK4ADC wrote:Brian Beamish VK4BBS, previously VK4NDE and VK4AHD, passed away Thursday 7th August 2014.
The funeral service will be held at the Sunnybank District Baptist Church, 127 Nemies Road, Runcorn on Thursday 14th at 2PM. Amateurs who knew Brian are urged to attend.

Brian was an early RTTY & packet BBS operator and continued for many years, and was active on satellites, APRS, HF and VHF until several years ago when his heath deteriorated and his voice became somewhat feeble.

Many older amateurs will remember him as the man behind CW Electronics back in the 1980s and as the primary Brisbane outlet of Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood gear and amateur accessories in SE Qld at the time.

He leaves behind his wife Maureen and children Stephen, Cathy, Christopher and Susan, plus a number of grandchildren.

Vale VK4BBS (SK)
Terribly sorry to hear this , please pass my regards and condolences
Barry
VK4TI
VK4NWH
Forum Novice

Post by VK4NWH »

Thanks Barry. I remember Brian very well. Was a very active ham that helped many. I think from memory he also done a stint with DSE for a time. Cheers
VK3YE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3YE »

VK4NWH wrote:Thanks Barry. I remember Brian very well. Was a very active ham that helped many. I think from memory he also done a stint with DSE for a time. Cheers
Yes, Brian was the resident Ham at the Buranda store. Many would also know Brian from the annual Wyong visits up to the early 2000s as part of the DSE stall there. These were always something to look forward to. Vale Brian. Condolences to Maureen and family.
-------------------------
Peter VK3YE http://www.vk3ye.com

NEW FOR 2019! Illustrated International Ham Radio Dictionary. 200 page Kindle ebook. $AU $5.99. Get yours at http://home.alphalink.com.au/~parkerp/dictionary.htm