Video: SoftRock SDR build & tutorial

VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Video: SoftRock SDR build & tutorial

Post by VK4GHZ »

From W2AEW
This video shows the build and test of a Softrock Lite II software defined radio (SDR) kit.

A short tutorial is given on each sub-circuit as it is being built and systematically tested. Details of the assembly process are shown, as well as live test results.

The completed kit is then hooked up to a dipole antenna and a PC, and some CW signals are demodulated off the air.

People are watching (and learning from) on-line video far more than they probably realise - until someone points it out. :wink:
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Re: Video: SoftRock SDR build & tutorial

Post by VK3DXE »

Excellent, thanks Adam.

I have a half-built Softrock that I started building when I decided it was time to get back into the hobby a few years ago. I ended up becoming impatient to get back on air and bought my IC-7000, and the thing has sat in a draw ever since. My daughter is now taking interest and I think that video will teach her so much more than I'm able to in a very short time. :mrgreen:
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

Follow up:

VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

More from W2AEW
This video presents a walk-through of the schematic, review of the circuits, and demonstration of operation of each circuit in the Softrock Ensemble II Software Defined Receiver.