GU Patrol interference

Electromagnetic Compatibility, TVI, BCI, etc Interference Issues
VK3JUG
Frequent Poster

GU Patrol interference

Post by VK3JUG »

I drive a GU Patrol which like many other new diesels suffers badly from injector noise on HF (NGT + autotune on rear) making it almost unusable. Being a leased work vehicle i can't hack it up too much but if some one has definite cure ( not the try this, try that) i would be willing to do the necessary mod's.
PeterN
VK3JUG
PeterN
VK3JUG
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: GU Patrol interference

Post by VK4TI »

VK3JUG wrote:I drive a GU Patrol which like many other new diesels suffers badly from injector noise on HF (NGT + autotune on rear) making it almost unusable. Being a leased work vehicle i can't hack it up too much but if some one has definite cure ( not the try this, try that) i would be willing to do the necessary mod's.
PeterN
VK3JUG
Have a look for a similar thread within the last week , might need a cap from the oil sender ?
VK4CZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4CZ »

Being a leased work vehicle
Peter

I'm given the quote above, you have the 3L CRD?

I've had no issues with my 2008 GU V with the 3L CRD, but have to admit that HF/6m is only ever used in the vehicle when we're touring, and almost never when moving.

All radio equipment (Yaesu FT-857D, UHF CB, etc) within the truck are run off the second battery, providing some isolation from the core electrical system.

I'll investigate the various Patrol forums I'm a member of and see if there are any clues - particularly from those who have been running VKS HF from their trucks (but surprising how many amateurs are lurking there too!)
Scott VK4CZ
Clear Mountain QG62lp
http://vk4cz.blogspot.com/
VK3MJC

Post by VK3MJC »

There's something to be said for me still driving around in a nice, simple, mechanically injected TD42 GQ.. :wink:

Good luck Peter - report back with the solution if you find one.
VK4EA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4EA »

Ferrites on the injector loom reduced the noise from my now sold Discovery Td5, not gone totally but good enough to use the Codan while driving.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Peter
VK4EA
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6OX »

Apologies for being totally unhelpful, but my TD42T Patrol (2002 vintage) doesn't produce any RFI whether mobile or otherwise.
I have a TS480 and Little Tarheel II setup which works reasonably well for a mobile HF/6m setup.
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein