Emotator Rotators

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4KX
Forum Novice

Emotator Rotators

Post by VK4KX »

Has anyone found a supplier of parts for the Emotator range of Rotators? or come up with a home brew fix for some of the parts.
I need to replace a rubber seal and an electric motor in my Emotator 103SAX, it's quite an old rotator that I bought in 1983 but I have been rebuilding it as it's used for my 6m & 2m / 70cm yagis. I know it's time for a new one, but I'm an Amateur I try to fix things before I put them in the junk box for another 20 years and leave it for the XYL to deal with it when I'm gone. :lol:

The motor shouldn't be too hard to replace with something small just like it but the rubber seal that perished and let the water in is probably going to be an issue.

Cheers, 73 de VK4KX Bernie
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: Emotator Rotators

Post by VK4TI »

Norms maybe http://www.rotorservice.com/
information http://www.g0hwc.com/emotator.html
and some links on qrz
VK3QI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3QI »

Bernie,

The most common part to wear out on the emotator rotatators is the diecast pinion gear on the motor.

In the past we have been able to obtain spares by befriending a friendly JA operator who has made contact with the Emotator people in Japan and purchased the parts for us.

So my suggestion is: talk with some of the JA operators whom you may have worked in the past and ask them if they are prepared to approach Emotator people (JA speaking only!)

You will, however, need to accurately identify the required part numbers from the instruction manual.

Cheers

Peter VK3QI
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ZAZ »

I fixed mine on 1992
Parts were hard to find even then.
Now in 2014?
Good luck they have not made them for at least ten years.
Tread your own path :om:
VK4KX
Forum Novice

Post by VK4KX »

Thanks for replies.
I need the rubber seal and a new electric motor as when the seal failed the H2O got in and well H2-Oh my goodness it sat in there for a while, killing the motor.
The motor shouldn't be hard to replace with something similar but the seal is my concern, but I'm sure I could probably make something. :)

Thanks
VK3FZ
Forum Novice

Post by VK3FZ »

I have a 501cxx 2 controllers one rotator head dicast top is broken but motor is ok
msg me