55Mhz video beaming east...

FM Radio Stations and TV Carriers used as Early Warning Indicators
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

55Mhz video beaming east...

Post by ZL3MF »

Hi guys today the 55Mhz NTSC video was in and I must say it was the strongest I have seen for years!! You will see the different offsets an the 60hz NTSC frame buzz....including ZL3JT working into the States!!
enjoy

Mike ZL3MF

VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Re: 55Mhz video beaming east...

Post by VK3ZAZ »

Prob Mexico as I think all A2 TV CH2 are off in USA except sp cases.
Also consider lower CA countries.
No point dfing with 6M yagi a sit reverses at 55 MHz
Tread your own path :om:
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

VK3ZAZ wrote:Prob Mexico as I think all A2 TV CH2 are off in USA except sp cases.
Also consider lower CA countries.
No point dfing with 6M yagi a sit reverses at 55 MHz
Roger Steve, yes possibly Mexico or CA but bloody good signals, unfortunately MUF did not get to 59.750 audio as we may have got a few clues :)
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

Got this report through today.....very interesting happened around the same time....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Published on Feb 20, 2014
Received at 19.50 utc today in Portugal on Ch A2,55.259650 MHz.The MUF was not high enough for audio so the 50 Hz field rate video carrier was used.
Only Argentina,Uruguay & Paraguay use 625 lines in South America(due to 50Hz local mains supply ac frequency of 50 cycles rather than 60.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

My theory is good classic F2 opening Portugal to South America/Central America you can see the multipath video with heaps of ghosting and very smudged image, this was happening at the same time we had our 55mhz TV opening ....Now maybe the ZL/Europe path linked at some stage during the opening what does everyone think?? I must have to admit did not check the 48mhz TV (I assume Europe still have some 48Mhz TV running??) Could have been a multi hop F2 opening to Europe??? I have an open mind 8) 8)

Cheers Mike

ZL3MF