KR400RC Rotator replacement?

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK3NJ

KR400RC Rotator replacement?

Post by VK3NJ »

G'day....Im about to refurb one of the towers which has a KR-400RC rotater installed in it.

The rotater is getting old and tired and I'd like to replace it with a similar brand new unit.

The problem is the tower is a Nally police spec, which has a smaller cross-section and the KR-400 only just fits inside

Does anyone know of an available new unit on the market that has the same or smaller physical size than the KR400?

Thanks
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Re: KR400RC Rotator replacement?

Post by VK6OX »

I believe the Yaesu G-450 is the modern day equivalent to the KR-400 in both operation and physical size.
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: KR400RC Rotator replacement?

Post by VK4TI »

VK3NJ wrote:G'day....Im about to refurb one of the towers which has a KR-400RC rotater installed in it.

The rotater is getting old and tired and I'd like to replace it with a similar brand new unit.

The problem is the tower is a Nally police spec, which has a smaller cross-section and the KR-400 only just fits inside

Does anyone know of an available new unit on the market that has the same or smaller physical size than the KR400?

Thanks
G450 should do the job , on special atm from hamradio outlet Cali $277plus freight ( about $90.00)