Yaesu rotator problem

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK7XX
Frequent Poster

Yaesu rotator problem

Post by VK7XX »

I have a G-2800DXC that has suddenly started rotating very very slowly. It turns if I press the left or right buttons. But it does not turn, and a clicking noise comes from inside the controller box, if I press the start button (for a preset).

I am not game enough to turn it too far in case I completely wreck it.

I have downloaded the G800/G1000/G2800 DXA circuit that was posted in another rotator question on this forum (thankyou Adam VK4GHZ). However, before I start pulling things apart, I have two questions.

Has anyone come across this problem before and have a fix ??

Is the circuit, which I see is for the G-800/1000/2800 DXA models, also applicable to the DXC model ??

regards
John
VK7JG

Re: Yaesu rotator problem

Post by VK7JG »

Hello John .
If it is turning slowly sounds like a voltage problem. I have not had a look at the circuit however is the direction of rotation relay controlled ? . If so the volts may be falling to a point where the relay is dropping out due to lower than required volts available to hold them energised .

Joe
VK7JG
VK5PO

Post by VK5PO »

g'day John....
thoroughly check your cable and connections.... I think you will find your problem is emanating
from there. good luck.
vk5po
VK7XX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK7XX »

thankyou to the people who replied.. I have checked the connections at the shack end and they seem ok. As soon as the weather allows I will lower & tilt the tower to check the outdoor end.

John