ACMA Inspectors and presentation / talks

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK3FADZ

ACMA Inspectors and presentation / talks

Post by VK3FADZ »

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't had the privileged of meeting an ACMA inspector yet. (They've popped around once, but unfortunately I was at work and missed seeing them).

I would love to sit down and have a chat with them (or more so them chat, I listen) as I'm sure they would have some fascinating and interesting stories to tell.

I thought why not take it one step better - and have them rock up at a local club meeting one evening. The thought would be that they could do a short talk - maybe something along the lines of some of the more interesting things they've had to deal with, and the more common infringements made by amateur's, so we can be made aware of some things if we aren't already, ending with a short Q&A session.

I've ran this by a few members and they think it would be a great idea, provided the inspectors were interested. The idea would be to try and work this in with a visit of when they're in the area doing something. (From what I've heard todate the ACMA inspectors are very good to get along with and not power hungry at arms length like some other agencies I've been involved in).

I suppose we could make their job easier by bringing our equipment along for them to inspect too - they could tick off a whole lot of "to do's" in a short time. Might be more of an incentive for them as well?

The only issue is I'm not sure where to take it to from here. Is anyone able to assist? (I'm wondering whether there are certain inspectors designated for certain areas, or whether I'd be best just to contact HQ in Canberra, or???) - or just in general what others think of this idea?

Cheers

Adam.
VK5IR
Forum Diehard

Re: ACMA Inspectors and presentation / talks

Post by VK5IR »

The Man was in town here in Adelaide a few months ago doing the rounds and they dropped in at three local club meetings whilst they were here. Unfortunately I missed the meetings. But they do attend club meetings, but I have no idea how you'd make it happen.
Theo
VK5IR
VK2CSW
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2CSW »

The guys at ACMA aren't that hard to contact (despite their new dog's vomit website):

Call 1300 850 115 to speak to the Radio Licencing folk and they will be very helpful.

I have always found them more than helpful.
VK3MEG
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3MEG »

HI Adam they give a great talk and are happy to come to clubs to help explain things his talks are very informative. they have been to my place I wasn't there and I called and he made an apointment. he checked out my station and we had a great chat. they believe education is the best then you know the rules
cheers
Steve now known as vk3ktt
QF22GG
VK3FADZ

Post by VK3FADZ »

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your replies. I've also received a PM with a direct contact, so should be able to chase up from there.

Sounds very encouraging that this has already been done at other clubs!

Cheers
VK3XRI

Post by VK3XRI »

gday

they are more than happy to do talk at clubs , we have had them down on more than one occasion doing talks