JT65

WSJT 65 (and variants) Discussion
VK2FAK

JT65

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi All....

Just an observation about JT65......when I use it I like to put the last message as my own...basically pwr being used and antenna.... I had been having a listen today just getting a guide on a Vertical I am playing with, and 100% of the users of JT65 today were using the standard format.....just sending a 73......has attitudes changed or maybe there all using some other program .....no additional info is being sent...

John
VK5IR
Forum Diehard

Re: JT65

Post by VK5IR »

I often get the "custom message" from operators although I don't use it much myself unless I have turned to power right down to try my luck.

So yes, it is still being used.
Theo
VK5IR
VK5STU

Re: JT65

Post by VK5STU »

I would say that that 9 times out of 10 I receive the standard format reply. If you are using JT65-HF then it is all too simple (TOO simple some would argue). Sometimes I miss the custom message as it does not get highlighted due to not having my callsign in the text and can get overlooked if there a lot of decodes. If it is fairly quiet then I will send a custom message (as I have a few pre set in JT-Macros) but if it is busy I send the standard reply usually.