No Channel 44 Adelaide since retune

FM Radio Stations and TV Carriers used as Early Warning Indicators
VK5IR
Forum Diehard

No Channel 44 Adelaide since retune

Post by VK5IR »

Hi guys

I live in Woodville in Adelaide. I have proper outdoor TV antenna that I installed myself a few years ago pointed towards the three towers at Mt Lofty.

Digital TV reception has been perfect on all channels since I installed the antenna but ever since the retune occurred I have only ever been able to get channel 44 once and it was dodgy as and signal strength as reported by the TV was low so I tried another retune and can no longer receive it.

Retune after retune my Samsung Plasma just wont find it.

So what I want to know is that for anyone else who lives in Adelaide, is your channel 44 ok since the retune?

We only watch this channel once a week and its no big loss but its bugging me and we really don't want to miss out on the show we used to watch.

Thanks.

Theo.

Cheers.
Theo
VK5IR
VK5ZT
Frequent Poster

Re: No Channel 44 Adelaide since retune

Post by VK5ZT »

Hi Theo

No problems at my place out in Elizabeth Grove

I don't watch Ch 44 much at all but I know it is still there...

Cheers

Tim VK5ZT
VK5ACY

Post by VK5ACY »

I am located 90km East of Addle-aid near Bowhill and have no trouble receiving Ch44.

My TV antenna is a Log-Periodic-style - all aluminium thing on a 600mm boom,
fed with the (dodgy-looking) 75Z coax already installed in this house.

You might have some spurious rubbish from local equipment - e.g. - a
local oscillator in some other piece of gear, interfering at UHF.
VK3AIF
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3AIF »

I was in Adelaide last week and the week before that with work and will be back shortly and CH#44 was fine at Mawson Lakes.
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

VK3AIF wrote:I was in Adelaide last week and the week before that with work and will be back shortly and CH#44 was fine at Mawson Lakes.
It might well have been a simple weather glitch o , it should return if scanned again ?
VK5IR
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5IR »

I had tried a few times since to retune and the TV was not able to pick it up however I tried again last night and it picked it up this time and we were able to watch our program last night.
Theo
VK5IR
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi Theo,
is this a Panasonic branded device you were trying? I had same problem withmy two DVD HD recorders, had to do a FULL discover not a rescan of existing channels as when I tried the quick method, it founf 44 but assigned it the wrong RF freq and of course no signal found at the end. Still have to revisit my in-laws place to fix up their Panasonic TV since the restack
VK5MTM wrote:I had tried a few times since to retune and the TV was not able to pick it up however I tried again last night and it picked it up this time and we were able to watch our program last night.
Glad you go yours to work okay, so far the Sony TV ands set top box on the shack was happy but every Panasonic device failed to find 44 via quick scan.

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj
VK5IR
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5IR »

Hi Peter

Its a Samsung but thanks for that interesting information.

I'll keep it in mind should it happen again.

Theo.
Theo
VK5IR