3x8 0.1" Male PCB headers?

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK2GOM

3x8 0.1" Male PCB headers?

Post by VK2GOM »

I am looking for a source of 3 wide x 8 pins length straight male PCB headers.

I have some right angle ones but I need vertical ones.

Any ideas on sources? I found some in the USA but they won't send unless I bill them to my own FedEx account (which I don't have). Another case of a $0.50c part and $40+ postage :roll:

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
VK4APN
Frequent Poster

Re: 3x8 0.1" Male PCB headers?

Post by VK4APN »

VK2GOM wrote:I am looking for a source of 3 wide x 8 pins length straight male PCB headers.

I have some right angle ones but I need vertical ones.

Any ideas on sources? I found some in the USA but they won't send unless I bill them to my own FedEx account (which I don't have). Another case of a $0.50c part and $40+ postage :roll:

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
Cant you use 3 X single rows ?
I buy strips of single and double and break off what I need.
Or have I missed a critical point?
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Hi Paul, I could indeed use singles and stack them, but being the perfectionist that I am, I want them to be all absolutely straight!!

It seems funny the females are available in VK no problem at all, but getting the 3x8 pins is the problem.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

VK2GOM wrote: . . . . . I want them to be all absolutely straight!!

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
Plug the mating connector onto the single headers to line them up then solder a couple of the headers pins onto the board to hold them in place. Once that's done you can remove the plug and solder the rest of the header pins. They will be straight and your project will be finished asap.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Nice idea Lou.

Jaycar to the rescue. 2 row and single row header pins procured and ready to solder.

This is for an ArduPilot ATMega2.5 board, for full GPS-controlled waypoint/mission capable autonomous flight for my quadcopter incidentally.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH