Lapsed Standard licence, wants to renew

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK3HUT

Lapsed Standard licence, wants to renew

Post by VK3HUT »

HI all,

I'd been a Standard licence holder for several years, up until a few months ago when I had left my licence expire. The thing is, I gained this certificate in '05 as a Novice Limited, months if not weeks before the new licencing and regulations came into effect.

So I'm just wondering at the very least, what and how would I go about renewing my Standard call? I realise that I'd have probably lost my original callsign (see nickname). But that's no drama. Many thanks.

Rob ex-VK3HDR
VK3MTV
Forum Novice

Re: Lapsed Standard licence, wants to renew

Post by VK3MTV »

VK3HDR is still available going by the register on the WIA site. Best contact them and see what you have to do.

Cheers.

Greg VK3MTV
VK2JDH

Post by VK2JDH »

VK3MTV wrote:VK3HDR is still available going by the register on the WIA site. Best contact them and see what you have to do.

Cheers.

Greg VK3MTV
If must have been more that a few months ago if it's available for re issue.
VK2TDG

Post by VK2TDG »

Yeah, I'd think it was more than a few months too.. A few times over the last couple of years, I've forgotten my license renewal on one of my callsigns. Come a couple of months later, I've gone and paid via BPAY, and what do you know? The renewed license appears in the mail a couple of weeks later :)
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

Isn't there a 2 year freeze before SK callsigns are reissued?
(Unless next of kin advises/approves of transfer)

Perhaps the same 2 year non-reallocate period is common with all unpaid renewals?
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/