WSJT Ver 9.3

WSJT 65 (and variants) Discussion
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

WSJT Ver 9.3

Post by VK4UH »

Has anyone loaded Ver 9.3 successfully?

I have tried but new version will not run on my laptop. Showing runtime error and access denied

New version also over wrote exiting version 9.1 so that wasn't available either.

I suggest you check you have an archived version of 9.1 exe before you try to download the new version so that you can at least re install if you experience the same issue.

Kevin VK4UH
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK3WE
Forum Novice

Re: WSJT Ver 9.3

Post by VK3WE »

No problems with new version here Kevin,

I installed over v9.03, and running Windows 7 64Bit

Good Luck

Rhett
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Hi Kevin, when you install the executable, are you right-mouse-button clicking the file and selecting 'Run as Administrator'? That will hopefully solve your problem.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi KJ
VK4UH wrote:Has anyone loaded Ver 9.3 successfully?
I have tried but new version will not run on my laptop. Showing runtime error and access denied
New version also over wrote exiting version 9.1 so that wasn't available either.
I suggest you check you have an archived version of 9.1 exe before you try to download the new version so that you can at least re install if you experience the same issue.
Kevin VK4UH
Yes I had the same thing a few minutes ago, you need to right click on the "C:\Program Files\WSJT9" folder and set the permissions for "USERS" to be either FULL Control or if you are more adventurous, Modify. WSJT9 is trying to write a new file and it could not under a standard Windows 7 session... you will finsd those who do not have problems have turned off UAC (user Access Control) on their PC.

Another way is to install WSJT9 to a folder off of the root of the drive and not the default location.

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj
(IT Systems Admin is my work)
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK2VHF

Post by VK2VHF »

Ok Gents, so I've managed to get WSPR to work via USB audio from my IC9100, but I cannot do the same on WSJT9.3.

I can get WSJT9.3 to load and it shows 9 available Audio devices. It then defaults to "Microsoft Sound Mapper" for input and output audio. When I change this to "USB audio codec" for input and output like I do for WSPR, I get a run time error :evil: . I have set the user permisions to "full control".

Any thoughts how to fix it? I run Windoze Vista.

Thanks all,
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

On the Windows XP box.
I get a run time error.
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6OX »

WSJT 9.3 works fine on my Toshiba laptop with Win8, connected via USB to TS590S.

Win8 sux but the app works... :roll:
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
VK2VHF

Post by VK2VHF »

I read on the ic9100 yahoo group that many others have the same problem.

Cheers MN GLXR