Yaesu FT-2000D 53MHz rpt to memory...

Transceiver mods, fixes, issues, reviews
VK2XQ

Yaesu FT-2000D 53MHz rpt to memory...

Post by VK2XQ »

I would like to call upon the valued resource of the membership to solve a problem, a minor one. Have acquired a Yaesu FT-2000D and all is very well, very pleased with the radio.

However, I cannot get the 53MHz repeaters to load into the memory channels, yes, I have checked the "menu" and have found (077 F3E 50 RPT) to be set correctly. The manual has no mention of 53MHz repeater data transfer to memory (mentions everything else about 53MHz FM). Yes, the radio works on 52/53MHz, I have all the repeater output channels already loaded but it will not transmit 1MHz offset down.

Yes, I can access repeaters, worked into VK2RMP on 53.650MHz today without any trouble, VFO-A on 53.650MHz and VFO-B on 52.650MHz etc, but jeepers, they will not load into the memory with the 1MHz offset, will not accept. :x

Any suggestions lads? Jack D. Haden VK2XQ (QF-56ne) :D
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Re: Yaesu FT-2000D 53MHz rpt to memory...

Post by VK4GHZ »

VK2XQ wrote: Yes, I can access repeaters, worked into VK2RMP on 53.650MHz today without any trouble, VFO-A on 53.650MHz and VFO-B on 52.650MHz etc, but jeepers, they will not load into the memory with the 1MHz offset, will not accept. :x
Jack, I don't have any Yaesu gear here in the shack, but I am guessing there lies the problem!
Are you operating in split VFO A/B mode, not repeater shift mode, (ie; single VFO with offset enabled) whilst attempting to store a memory?

Memories generally store the attributes of your main VFO only, so if you're attempting to store that VFO, yes, it will not have any offset attributes... because your offset is the other VFO.

?
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK5ZRL
Forum Novice

Post by VK5ZRL »

G'Day Jack,
I have a FT-950 which is fairly similar to your 2000D and I will outline how it is done on my radio.
First, use the main VFO and set up your frequency (lets say 53.575 FM) then hold the AM/FM mode switch
until you see an S (simplex) symbol in the multi display widow (clarifier offset little window), then hit the AM/FM
button again and you will see a + (positive offset) symbol, hit it again and it will show a - (negative offset) symbol.
The display will return to normal after a few seconds but the offset is still active.

At this stage you should be able to hit the PTT and see that the main display changes frequency as you do so.

To store it into mem, press the A>M key then rotate VFO B to choose a mem channel, now press and hold the A>M key
until the radio double beeps.

Anyway, I hope this is of help.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.
Rob VK5ZRL
73 de Rob VK5ZRL
PF95gc
VK2XQ

Post by VK2XQ »

Hello Rob, it didn't work, went to VFO-A to 53.550MHz, held AM/FM button, it showed on main screen freq readout "off" and on sub screen freq readout "67.0" repeated AM/FM again and it went back to normal screen, double press again, reverted back to first screen "off" and sub screen "67.0". So the two sets have different programming modes it appears.

Adam, that is the key issue, cannot find reference to repeater operation to save as a memory function, repeaters only accessed via VFO-A and VFO-B has 1MHz offset. There is no repeater button on face of radio, and vague reference in manual. The "menu" function shows setting for 1MHz offset is enabled for 50MHz FM. Will have to trawl through the manual again.

All good fun for the older set learning new tricks on new radio eh? :roll:
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

Jack, page 93 of the FT-2000 User Manual, and as per what Rob posted above.
There is no need to use the sub VFO for your TX frequency.

The key appears to be pressing (and holding in) the AM/FM button for two seconds, which then enables CTCSS and offset selection.

Clear as mud?
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK2XQ

Post by VK2XQ »

Thanks Adam, all up and running, once I ignored the CTCSS function and found the very tiny postive and negative indicators on the screen it was all go. Working great, just re- jigged the simplex freqs already in mem and Bob is our uncle...now, all I need is a decent opening... :D
VK2GFR
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2GFR »

Quote VK2XQ..."cannot find reference to repeater operation to save as a memory function". :?:
What? Repeaters? VK2XQ? Am I reading the right stuff? :shock:
The Elder Logger Statesman using FM & Repeaters, shock horror! :mrgreen:
You're OK, old magoo, it happens to us all. :wink:
Mark, VK2GFR
Seven Hills
QF56LF
VK2XQ

Post by VK2XQ »

Mark VK2GFR you cheeky little bitch, remember your place in the pecking order, will deal with you later on 525. 8) :twisted:
VK2XQ

Post by VK2XQ »

I would like to take the opportunity to express my thanks to those who kindly offered assistance in the setting up of the FT-2000D over the past week, sure made it easier for me.

Also much thanks to those who contributed comments regarding the Yaesu and Kenwood 50MHz/HF sets I was considering buying before I picked up the FT-2000D, all taken on board and appreciated here.

Worked into VK5 on 52MHz simplex on Sunday and also worked the Auckland repeater on 53.725MHz too, so all is working fine.

Happy festive season to all, and may 2013 bring us great victories in the world of DX, not only on six, but other bands too... :wink: