Radio Amateurs Code

General discussion - When it doesn't fit anywhere else
VK6EB

Radio Amateurs Code

Post by VK6EB »

Radio Amateurs Code

As an amateur radio operator, I recognize my obligations:

To the public, which trusts its safety to my skill and judgment in time of emergency;

To my fellow amateurs, who depend upon me to follow established good operating practice;

To the members of the Philippine Amateur Radio Association, who constantly are striving for greater achievements and general over-all improvement in radio communication;

To the beginners, who look up to me to exercise my best judgment and leadership;

To the National Telecommunications Commission, in behalf of the government, which entrusts to me, in the conduct of my operation, moral and social responsibilities;

To discharge these obligations, I will at all times observe the highest standard of amateurism. I will never knowingly use the air for my own amusement in such a way that it will lessen the pleasure of others;

I will be slow and patient in sending when requested, give friendly advise and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance and cooperation to the broadcast listener;

Radio is my hobby, I will never allow it to interfere with any of the duties I owe to my home, my job, or school, or my community;

I will continue to keep abreast of communication development so that my operating practice, which largely depend on such knowledge, may be of the higher order;

I will obey the radio laws and regulations, and the procedures and policies of the association;

I will keep my station ready for the service of my country and my community;

My deportment, both on the air and off, reflects my respect for my association and fellow members, and it shall be such as to bring credit to both;

I pledge adherence to these principles for the advancement of amateur radio, and to further the dignity of my hobby, SO HELP ME GOD.

Amateur Radio

A radio communication service for the purpose of self training, intercommunication, and technical investigation carried out by duly licensed persons interested in radio techniques solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest.

Five fundamental purposes:

1. serving the public

2. advancing the radio art

3. advancing skills

4. training operators

5. enhancing international goodwill

Amateur

Amateur is coined from the Latin word “amatore” which means “for the love of.” Thus, the hobby amateur radio is called as such because it is for the love of radio.

The above was copied from DX1DBT ' s Web site .

I think a hell of a lot of us could take note and for those that do the above
KEEP IT UP

73 de Les VK6CJL
VK5FX

Post by VK5FX »

Hi Les,

Amen...
& thankyou...

Best 73

Rob :)
VK2MS

Re: Radio Amateurs Code

Post by VK2MS »

Hi..Certainly there are goodpoints to observe there, I remember actually the Australian principles for Amateur Operator's behavour quite well.

Amateur radio was actually a comparison with professional operators long ago.

The part which leaped out at me for two reasons was "so help me god" I cannot recall swearing ever being involved in the Amateur pledge but whether or not, interestingly JC made the point that using the name of "god"...swearing an oath...made not an iota of difference to the facts. I for one will never swear to anything for that reason if no other.

Unfortunately also the "name of god" is the excuse used by several nations in genocide and worse right now. As far as I am concerned "Yes I agree with that...but not with that at present" ...is all that is needed if one wants to address a point or promise. People who feel they need to swear or demand someone else swear "by god" or with the somewhat peculiar "so help me god" are lacking something. Personally, I'd prefer to take or reject a man's word.

Cheers Tony
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

WIA OPERATING PRINCIPLES - (Pg 7 April AR Mag 2012)
The WIA has adopted the following operating principles as a guide for all Amateurs.

We, the Australian Radio Amateurs will at all times :

* act and operate with integrity

*be honest in our dealings

*ensure that the operating equipment of our station is safe for ourselves and for visitors to our station

*show respect to and extend courtesy to fellow amateurs and other spectrum users

*be aware and comply with our licence conditions and the other laws and regulations that govern the installation and operation of our station

*encourage others to participate in amateur radio

*strive to improve our technical and operating skills

*assist our community in emergancies

*ensure that any interference issues resulting from the operation of our station are resolved promptly and with courtesy

*promote the benefits of amateur radio to the community
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ZAZ »

If you are going to remind people of their responsibilities...

TRY IARU

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Get%20Li ... 3-2010.pdf

2 cents.
Soap box away.
Tread your own path :om: