New grade of licence

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK7HDX

New grade of licence

Post by VK7HDX »

Hello Everyone at VK/ZL Group

Has anyone heard any news about "Foundation Licence". Or any other information on this subject. Dates/Frequencies/Modes or output Power?

73...Karl
VK7HDX
VK4IM

Post by VK4IM »

All will be revealed at the end of May :D

The ACA (and WIA to some extent) is not releasing any details until then. There are few that know but are not at liberty to divulge the final outcome.
VK7HDX

Post by VK7HDX »

Hello Adam.
Thanks for the reply, I thought that may be the case on this matter.

BTW. I passed my exam by using those 2 CD's from R&ES. And I would recommend them to anyone :D

73...Karl
VK7HDX
VK4IM

Post by VK4IM »

Hi Karl

You must have done the course ages ago because I cant find you in the student records (mine start in 2003 when I took over enrolments)

We had nearly 600 novices come through last year. Gotta be happy with that :-)
VK7HDX

Post by VK7HDX »

G'day Adam.

Good news about 600+ Novices/Full-ticket "On air" that's got to be positive news for AR.

73...Karl
VK7HDX
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Extrat from ANVDG email list below -

The ACMA have yet to finalize the LCD and we cannot make a statement with 100% accuracy.
However it is our understanding that the standard class licence will be able to transmit on the entire of 144 and 432 using SSB with a power limit of 100 watts. It is hoped that the ACMA will finalize the LCD very shortly, so keep an eye on the ACMA and WIA website for news updates.

Chris Jones
VK2ZDD
gipseeboy

the new amateur licensing structure

Post by gipseeboy »

The latest on the new structure and hold up can be found at this
url http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.288383 ... pc=PC_1256

Here's a small extract .......

Apparatus Licensing Contact: ACMA

ACMA is currently undertaking a Review of Amateur service regulation.

For further information see the Outcomes of the Review of Amateur Service Regulation and the associated Media Release

Review Progress Notice

In the above Media Release, ACMA indicated that it expected the new amateur licensing structure would be introduced early in 2005. However it has become clear that the new structure cannot be introduced until the third quarter of 2005. This notice will be updated as soon as a date for the introduction of the new arrangements is known.

For further information see the Outcomes of the Review of Amateur Service Regulation and the associated Media Release

http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.288383 ... 8#Outcomes
Download PDF file 173kb.
VK3PF
Forum Diehard

Latest on Foundation Licence

Post by VK3PF »

The latest news is reported on the Amateur Radio Victoria and WIA websites. Basically, it is anticipated that the new LCDs will go before the ACMA Board at its meeting on 13 October. It might take a few days after that date (all being well & they say yes) for the new LCDs take effect.

The last of the planned Assessor courses is scheduled for Sydney this coming weekend (IIRC). The WIA is proceeding as fast as they can and expects approximately 95 assessors to be approved/certified by 14 October. Support /study materials are being prepared, as are all the appropriate documentation. This "news" is as conveyed to those at the Assessor course last weekend in Melbourne.

Peter
VK3KAI
:lol:
VK2KRR

New licence class - HERE!

Post by VK2KRR »

Looks like the moment we have all been waiting for is finally here folks.

http://www.wia.org.au/news/2005/20051018-01.php

Have fun and hope to speak with some keen new ops on 2m and above SSB soon.