RS Australia... Experiences so far

General discussion - When it doesn't fit anywhere else
VK2GOM

RS Australia... Experiences so far

Post by VK2GOM »

Not good :roll:

Order placed 23rd July for some parts. Paid, got my order number, invoice said it would be next working day delivery.

Fast forward to 7th August, still nothing received.

I emailed their order queries address last week, no reply received.

I emailed them again (or at least forwarded the original email) to another of their email addresses; 'oztech' - so will see if I can get a reply.

I know customer service is (generally speaking) pretty diabolical in Australia, but even so... Is this Australian RS outfit a genuine RS overseas operation, or just another components supplier that handles selected items from the RS.com product line under some sort of RS subsidiary banner? Does anyone know anything about them?

I never had a problem with RS in the UK. Everything was next day delivery.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
VK3PF
Forum Diehard

Re: RS Australia... Experiences so far

Post by VK3PF »

Hi Rob,

My experience with RS online has been fairly good. Only the odd order has been slow where stock has been OS and not in VK. When you are ordering, it usually tells you that stock is not local, if that is the case. In that case, sometimes about 2 weeks instead of next day (or the day after) out in regional Victoria.

Regards,

Peter VK3PF
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3DXE »

I usually find most things arrive in a day or two in Melbourne.
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK3AIF
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3AIF »

I have always found them very good excepting the last order about a fortnight ago. I ended up on the phone for about 30 minutes waiting for someone to answer and when eventually it was the person on the other end said she was not the right person to take the order but she would get the correct person to call me back in a few minutes. I waited around for the rest of the day not venturing far from the phone but nothing :evil: I rang them back the next day and everything seemed back to normal and the order arrived the next day.

Perhaps they are going through some sort of upheaval presently?
VK2XSO

Post by VK2XSO »

They've been excellent. I've placed about five or six orders this year.
Most of the packages have arrived in two or three days, and never more than a week to rural NSW.
It's quicker and often cheaper for me to order through RS than to go into the local Jaycar agent who doesn't stock much but the basic components.
The Jaycar guy can order the parts in but they take about 2 working days, by which time the RS package is in my letterbox.
VK4HJ
Forum Novice

Post by VK4HJ »

My first order was great. I hope all the rest are as good.

Chris ,VK4HJ
VK3HJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3HJ »

No problems so far with RS, e14, etc.
Next day delivery, unless no local stock. This is made clear at time of ordering.
The only problem I've had with delivery is with the local courier. I live out of town, and found courier delivery a bit hit and miss.
So, I've made an arrangement with the petrol station in town to accept my packages.
Luke VK3HJ
VK7DB

Post by VK7DB »

I wanted 1 single bilateral switch. Min qty is 50. 10 cents each. Thats $5. Online ordering gets free delivery. I live out of town and the Toll truck would have used $5 in diesel to drive up the hill and back to deliver to my door. A bit more than next day delivery, but thats to be expected being in Tas. Cant complain about that though. Always happy with my orders.
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

VK2GOM wrote:Order placed 23rd July for some parts. Paid, got my order number, invoice said it would be next working day delivery.

Fast forward to 7th August, still nothing received.
I've placed many orders with RS Australia, and not one problem.
Except with out of stock/backorders situations, orders always arrive next day.
The "next day" delivery indicated on the web site can be a furphy, if your ordered QTY exceeds what they really have on hand.

The only let downs have been when the items have come from the UK warehouse!
It took much longer than first indicated.
VK2GOM wrote:I emailed their order queries address last week, no reply received.
Pick up the telephone!
Speaking to a human is much better, and you'll get an answer much easier than emailing.

In my dealings with RS, I would rate them 10 out of 10.
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

They FINALLY got back to me. They now claim their 'courier driver' couldn't find my address on two separate occasions. My stercus tauri detector is beeping but I confirmed with them my invoice address I gave them is correct, and also gave them my phone number for the courier driver to call if he needs directions to find the place (so let's hope he speaks English). He might have been struggling since it's very well signposted on a major road that appears on every known GPS / TomTom/ Garmin made in the last 15 years...

I also gave them an alternative option of putting the ferrite chips and diodes into a small envelope, licking a postage stamp for the front of it and simply posting them to me.

If it all goes pear shaped again I'll just write off the $4.40 I spent and never shop with them (in Australia) again and do as Matt does and just use Mouser instead :roll:

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH

Edit: Oh yes - forgot to mention, they were on about "if you still require the items" they would attempt re-delivery. This set me wondering how many out there just order components for fun and don't actually require them. Come on RS - get your act together.