Calling frequencies (yes again!)

Magic band discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
ZL2WHO
Frequent Poster

Re: Calling frequencies (yes again!)

Post by ZL2WHO »

Not that SSB or CW is any different to FM :shock: .. The next time a beacon is heard in the noise on CW go to FM and it will disappear in the noise. I get the impression your out to see how many bites you can get !! Good luck with DX on 6m.

Mark.
VK2VHF

Calling frequencies (yes again!)

Post by VK2VHF »

VK2XQ wrote:Problem with 52.525MHz FM simplex Mark is when the DX paths die (due to the seasonal variations) no one takes the time to monitor/use 52.525MHz FM. You can call some days until you are blue in the face and not get a response on 525...good luck! Jack VK2XQ
I agree. The only time I have ever heard anyone on 52.525 is during callbacks after the Sunday broadcast.
VK2GFR
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2GFR »

VK2VHF wrote:I agree. The only time I have ever heard anyone on 52.525 is during callbacks after the Sunday broadcast.
And very regrettably, not all callers (after the broadcast) even wish to engage in a short banter session.
Must be all off to 50.110 for the DX. (making a joke fellas, just a joke) :?
*OFF tpoic... also try the repeaters... all very dead as well unless you organise a sked of sorts.
I'll plod along anyway.
ZL2WHO wrote:Not that SSB or CW is any different to FM :shock: .. The next time a beacon is heard in the noise on CW go to FM and it will disappear in the noise.
I appreciate & fully understand. Maybe my words didn't type as I hoped the analogy might be?
ZL2WHO wrote:I get the impression your out to see how many bites you can get !! Good luck with DX on 6m.
73.Mark.
Mark I'm trying... if there's bait in the water, the fish will come.
Mark, VK2GFR
Seven Hills
QF56LF
VK2XQ

Post by VK2XQ »

You can always try 52.650MHz Maddens Plains repeater, nearly always someone there, although the "colourful" identities there can be a put off, hence why it's usually quiet. Failing that, the Blue Mountains repeater is the next best option, you need sub tone to access it though.

I too have noticed that the radio is not as "social" as it was 15 to 20 years back, people too busy, or on the net etc...Jack VK2XQ.