License Renewal issues..

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK2FAK

License Renewal issues..

Post by VK2FAK »

HI All,,

Have just been reading about the issues of the Gov't late sending of license renewals....seems it only relates to April at this stage....but keep an eye out.......
Personally I have never had a problem with the renewal....even had an expiry notice sent to me one year when I forgot....but as long as you get the payment to them....and nobody has taken your callsign while yours had expired it is Ok....well has been in the past...

John
VK2GOM

Re: License Renewal issues..

Post by VK2GOM »

Funny you should mention that John, my ACMA renewal arrived in the post today (along with three other bills!) and on the up side, my March QST!

My license renewal is due mid May I think it is, so it arrived in plenty of time.

It always amuses me the license itself is something like $23, plus $45 tax!! :roll: Tax for what? It's not GST.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK3PF
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3PF »

Rob,

From memory, it is mostly "Spectrum Access Tax".

Peter VK3PF
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Fair enough - as long as it's nothing to do with Carbon!

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2XSO

Post by VK2XSO »

It's been many years since the quote was made on Packet radio about the "Spectrum Management Tax".

I don't remember who made the quote, but it was asked; "How do they manage the spectrum ? Polish it with a soft cloth ?"
VK2AVR

Post by VK2AVR »

VK2GOM wrote:Fair enough - as long as it's nothing to do with Carbon!
Nah, but you're paying THAT tax when you plug your radio into the wall socket :roll:
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all....

Well that is strange..I have had the big red stamp put across mine a couple of years back....just sent in the money and no problem...

Ok a question or 2.....

So what happened to the money you sent them...they have to return it or didn't it get there.....you should be able to find that out...

Did they say , sit for the Lic again.....or , because they did not get the money they have handed your callsign to someone else.....and thus you have to apply for a new Callsign.......which I guess can happen if your very late..

John
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all....

Geez that reply asks more questions....why can't you track where the money went to.....I normally pay using a Money Order..that can be canceled if need be, without lose of money...and can also determine if it has been cashed on not..

Have you looked to see if they gave your Call away.....?

John
VK3AZZ

Post by VK3AZZ »

Hi,
If the licence was paid via BPay, there should be a receipt number that was given at time of payment.

There should also be an entry in the bank account. These are trace-able. I know in the "Which Bank", you can click on the entry in Netbank and see the details.

Are you sure that you paid the correct bill ? I paid the wrong one once.

Cheers,
Mal
VK3AZZ
VK2XSO

Post by VK2XSO »

Sounds like they want it to operate licence free for a couple of years.

I wonder what happens when a repeater is licensed by somebody who dies and they do not pay the renewal, but the repeater just keeps on running for many years.
Finally I have found a way to beat the taxman ! Death, and not necessarily my own.
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all.....

Well seems you don't care to much about what has happened....you did not do any checking besides the phone call,,,,and I guess if they did not get the money....its still your problem not theres......Thats were I would have started....regardless if I have to apply for a new call...I would want to know......as you say this has happened to you before....more and more questions....

So, if your Call is gone.....you will need to re-register in this forum, you can't keep posting under that Call....?

John