Question is that a problem on the Sat's
with Interference ?

73 Murray ZL3MH
ZL3RC
Frequent Poster

Re: 433 MHZ devices

Post by ZL3RC »

Hi Murry,
I've got one of the Jaycar ones on 433.9Mhz and have no problems with it at all.
The sensors are down the garden on a pole up the back of a play house about 5 meters high.
It gets more of a hammering from me on 432.mhz :lol:

Roger.
Roger
ZL3RC aka ZL3THQ RE66FL
http://www.qrz.com/db/ZL3THQ.
VK3RX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3RX »

I've got one of those, no particular problems with it apart from the display. The contrast between the characters and the background is not particularly good to me, certainly not as good as other brands I've seen. You can adjust the contrast, but the background is still darker than others and so the adjustment is limited.

You need to see one in person to make the call I think. The display (specifically the contrast) is not quite as good as in advertising pix. If you have a brightly lit shack and view it from straight on, it might not be a problem for you.

The wind direction device is not damped and so it jumps around a bit, but the wind display wasn't a priority for me.
Damien VK3RX
VK4TIM
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4TIM »

Hi Murray,

Jaycar now sell weather stations operating on 915 MHz, and they have the stamp "IT 915 MHz Instant Transmission" or similar on the top right corner of the box.
I don't run any 433 MHz devices, they wouldn't stand a chance around here.

One of my neighbours has a device that sends out bursts of noise and buzzes that I can hear easily below 432.0 MHz, and it's kind of annoying. There are several door openers, doorbells, numerous car remotes etc on 433 MHz, and I suspect they get a bit of a hammering with my transmissions quite regularly, especially from one of my peices of equipment running 15W on 432.7 MHz

I recall one type of weather station that was outlawed in ZL because it radiated outside the 433.050-434.790 segment, and caused interference to repeaters outside of that range.
Tim, VK4TIM.
QG62MM, Brisbane.
VK6TV

Post by VK6TV »

Hi All,

I just have just received my new LA Crosse 915Mhz weather station, all working OK and no interference.

I had looked at other 433Mhz ones but decided not to add another LIPD on air, besides possible interference both ways hence going with the 915Mhz type.

Cheers

Milan
VK6KTV
VK3XRI

Post by VK3XRI »

i use one of the , "home brand " 433 mhz devices , never had any interference issues , how ever the rain gauges never work , the first one worked for a while , then stopped , i thought i had it sorted , now bugger me this one is doing the same ....