LMR600 connectors

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4CDI
Frequent Poster

LMR600 connectors

Post by VK4CDI »

GD all,
A while ago I was give a couple of 30M lengths of LMR600, with reverse TNC connectors. Where can I buy N types to suit without having to sell my first born?

Cheers
Phil VK4CDI
VK2XSO

Re: LMR600 connectors

Post by VK2XSO »

Now see, if you'd been looking in the box on my table at the gold coast hamfest you would have found a whole heap of them for $1 each new in the packet. :) I had about 20 of them and nobody was seriously interested in them and there were about 5 or 10 of them left in the bottom of the box which somebody bought the dregs. So you might get lucky if they're reading this thread.

Else, it's off to ebay where you should still be able to find them for about $4 each.
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2HRX »

Depends on how much you value your first born. Was it a girl or a boy?

Rojone in Sydney sell them.

Compton
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK4CRO
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CRO »

try Mick vk4ne@gmail.com he bought a box of goodies at end of h/fest
ciao Ron
Cheers
Ron cro
VK2XSO

Post by VK2XSO »

I thought somebody might know who has them now :D
VK4CDI
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CDI »

Many tnx for the replies, I have ordered some from ebay, $8 each. (Crimp ones were $5, but dont have the dies for the crimper)

First search of ebay several days ago didn't turn up anything, hence the post........
The LMR600 will find its way onto the 1296 terrestrial setup, and maybe the 144 yagi's....
Now to find some MRF286's.....non chinese!

Cheers
Phil
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

Hi Phil,

I'd be interested to hear what you think of your ebay connectors. I bought a pair of clamp style LMR600 N connectors off ebay a while ago. The looked really good and had an excellent finish and whilst the centre conductor connection was good the braid and cable clamp part of the connector was rubbish. The flimsy weather seal came apart even before I could tighten the clamp and I doubt they would hold the cable in place for very long anyway. $20 down the drain. When I consider the amount of money I've spent on my station it doesn't seem rational to look for big savings in the connector department.

Hopefully the ones you've found will be better.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour