VK2RSY 23cm way off freq?

Amateur beacons
VK2GOM

VK2RSY 23cm way off freq?

Post by VK2GOM »

I am hearing the VK2RSY 23cm beacon on 1296.3896MHz as opposed to 1296.4200MHz it was on the other day.

Now this may be a fault in my IC910, so I am looking for another 23cm op to confirm the frequency of the beacon. However, all other freq's on my radio seem correct, and all oscillators are derived from a master oscillator in the radio.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2GOM

Re: VK2RSY 23m way off freq?

Post by VK2GOM »

Hi Justin, I have yet to talk to anyone on my 23cm rig.

I can go and listen now on 1296.150 if you like? Can you go vertical polarisation? I only have a triband vertical here.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Reply from VK2RSY technical staff / beacon owners:

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the report. Our monitor receivers indicate it has shifted to about the frequency that you advised. There was a report earlier in the week but when checked was on frequency. There has been a problem with crystal stability so it looks like it has dropped back to a former problem. Your email has been forwarded to the technical staff.

-------------------

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2HRX »

Rob,

Got your message last night. I just had a listen and I have it at 1296.419.9 I suspect that it is wandering. I wouldnt base the peformance of your 910H on Dural 23 CM Tx's.

Compton
VK2HRX
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK2JDS
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2JDS »

correct Justin, the repeater isnt audible at all here in qf46pv, but the beacon is quite good considering its distance. tried different antennas and feeds etc.
I would really like to be able to use it, but it must be very low on the tower hihi
73's from Dave