FREE chip caps (ATC brand)

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

FREE chip caps (ATC brand)

Post by VK5PJ »

Hello,
I recently stumbled across some references on how to get hold of free samples of the ATC (American Technical Ceramics) chip capacitors (MLC style) that are used in many high power VHF amp projects (MLC = Multi Layer Capacitors). This was while reading the ve1alq.com website I found after following a thread in here, thanks to VKLOGGER forums.

On this web page you can read a bit about it and also find some instructions on how to request them.

http://www.ve1alq.com/MRF286-RO4003C%20 ... oards.html

In essence you are able to request 5 different values at a time and you will get 10 of each value in one request. I guess you could request only a single value (and get 10 of them) if that fills your needs

I have just registered on the ATC web site: http://www.atceramics.com as a normal joe blow person and they have confirmed they are sending me the requested items that I wanted completely free of charge, not even postage costs. I believe that you can repeat this again in two to three weeks time. I am not sure how many times you can do it before they stop you but my needs are modest and I would guess the second batch of 5 values will fill my needs for modifying my Larcan PA.

happy requesting but please do not abuse the facility.

regards,
Peter, vk5pj
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Re: FREE chip caps (ATC brand)

Post by VK5PJ »

Maria at American Technical Ceramics has just sent me a few emails confirming my samples will be sent out in the batch on 13-May so it is all looking good.

I have heard of other companies providing "engineering samples" but never seen it built into the companies web site like it is at ATC. Have others in VK made use of their generous samples program?
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Well after what seems like forever, the package from ATC arrived today.
VK5PJ wrote:Maria at American Technical Ceramics has just sent me a few emails confirming my samples will be sent out in the batch on 13-May so it is all looking good. I have heard of other companies providing "engineering samples" but never seen it built into the companies web site like it is at ATC. Have others in VK made use of their generous samples program?
The packaging was quite over the top, as they sent it in a 250 x 200 x 30mm box with a CD copy of their data and the TechSelect software that helps you select the right cap for the job.

Next job is to start putting these caps into my LARCAN ex TV high power amp and see if it come down inside the band on 50MHz

Regards,
Peter
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5ZD »

Hi

I also requested some samples around mid-May which arrived a couple of days ago (with a similarly huge amount of packaging and paperwork).
I guess you can't complain too much when it's free :P

Iain
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
Munno Para West, SA - PF95ih
ZL2WHO
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL2WHO »

I know VK4DD has these at a small cost, and I have a good collection from 200 watt ex TVPAs. If anyone wants some sent over up or down :P please ask.