10 MHz QRSS beacon

Things that do not fit in the above categories
VK2FAK

Re: QRSS beacon

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all....

Tim when you get time....drop him a line on the QRZ forum....think it's in the section....Working different Modes.

Or you may want to wait till you can get a better Pic to show him....

I had a look this afternoon but did not see much at all....will have another look though...

oh its always one last component that holds things up...never fails...

John
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Come on John... you know you want a crystal 8) Get your own beacon going.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all..

Ya think hey....

Not at this point I don't.....enjoy searching and looking for them.....will stick with that for the time being....and once I have sorted the problem here.....back searching for Olivia contacts around the world....now thats going to be a Trick and a half...

John
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

HI all....

Tim Tim......read your comment on QRZ.......but confusing

Was the signal readable.....as in you decoded his callsign..

or was it visible, but not readable.......thus technically being an unconfirmed report.

Confusion comes from your statement......."Otherwise it was someone else close "

John
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

HI all...

another local QRSS....

this one from ZL1UJG ( Top signal )

John
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 19 19.52.jpg
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all...

I was looking at JT65 on 30m and noticed what looked like another beacon....and yes it was, from a Local but with a little twist that I am not sure about....

decoding comes out with the callsign VK1ZDJ followed by QF44

What, is he operating of a Qantas jet....hi hi...

John
VK4YEH

Post by VK4YEH »

my 30m QRSS beacon is back on air 24/7 after a flat battery while I was away on hols and then 5 days without power during the floods here in VK4. Power restored this afternoon, and it has been happily beaconing away since then.

When I can get to the post office I'll get the toroid to finish off the other beacon

Tim
VK4YEH

Re: QRSS beacon - 20m rx kit

Post by VK4YEH »

A re-post from the qrplabs yahoo group - a 20m rx kit

http://www.pongrance.com/gcrx-14100.html

Tim
VK4YEH

Re: QRSS beacon - grabber aggregator online

Post by VK4YEH »

I have added a qrss grabber aggregator to my website

http://www.vk4yeh.com/qrss_grabber.htm

Tim
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

That looks good Tim... a useful page.

I have got my PCB now for building a 30m QRSS Tx. Will hopefully run it into my mag loop and see how it goes.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK4YEH

Re: QRSS beacon - QRSS VD

Post by VK4YEH »

another qrss receiving package

http://www.swharden.com/blog/qrss_vd/

I found it this afternoon, and after a quick and dirty look, I found it to be much more sensitive that Argo - and it scans a wider badnwidth. It can also be used as the basis of a grabber.

I look forward to "grabbing" you Rob ha ha ha.......

Tim
VK4YEH

Post by VK4YEH »

Guys,

My 40m beacon is now running. The frequency appears to be 7.000.81 - at least that is according to my trusty meter. Any reports will be welcome. Going into a 30m dipole at the moment - power about 500mW

Thanks

Tim
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all..

Tim..

I was wondering what happened to your 40m QRSS beacon..last comment was that you had to go get some parts at the post office, I think...

I will have a look a little bit latter......

How are your chats with Cuba going...still making the distance...?

John
VK4YEH

Post by VK4YEH »

Hi John

Yes, well I got the parts and then put the project aside for a couple of days that extended to a couple of weeks and then a couple of months ........ Finally got around to it this morning, and it was very close to the right frequency once I took some turns off one of the coils.

As for Cuba, yes still making good contact to there on 40m, and in the last week or so, on 30m and 20m occasionally - actually had a 40m voice qso a couple of weeks back, cndx were the best I've seen for a long while, and no pesky voice qrm from our northern neighbours.

Tim