Experimental SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz

Magic band discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK4ZU

Experimental SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz

Post by VK4ZU »

For those local/DX stations that may be interested I am operating an experimental analogue SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz USB with a 1750 Hz tone access. ID Beacons at 30 minutes intervals. Antenna is a half wave vertical and power output is 10-15 watts. Repeater times will be random during daylight hours at this stage. My location is approximately 25 Km north of Brisbane.

Trevor
VK4ZU
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Re: Experimental SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz

Post by VK4GHZ »

VK4ZU wrote:For those local/DX stations that may be interested I am operating an experimental analogue SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz USB with a 1750 Hz tone access.
From the ACMA:

Code: Select all

Restrictions on Operating Amateur Stations in the Frequency Band 50 MHz to 52 MHz

Licensees of amateur Advanced Beacon and Repeaters stations must not operate their amateur stations in the frequency band 50 MHz to 52 MHz if they cause interference to the reception of television channel 0 VHF transmissions.

In addition, if such a licensee operates an amateur station in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory or the Jervis Bay Territory, the Amateur LCD prescribes certain additional operational and geographical restrictions on the licensee. The licensee must operate in the frequency band 50.000 MHz to 50.300 MHz only, using:

* emission mode 200HA1A and a maximum transmitter power of 100 watts pY; or
    * emission mode 1K12F1D and a maximum transmitter power of 30 watts pY; or
    * emission mode 4K00J3E and a maximum transmitter power of 100 watts pX.

In addition, the affected station must be at a place that is:

* at least 120 kilometres from a television channel 0 main station; and
    * at least 60 kilometres from a television channel 0 translator station; and
    * at least 60 kilometres from a television translator station that has inputs on television channel 0.
Given the regulations, you would need to move it up into the 52MHz band, as it would be unacceptable to have something like that in the 50MHz Sub-band DX Window.
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK4ZU

SSTV repeater on 6 meters

Post by VK4ZU »

After further consideration the frequency has been altered from 50.680 MHz to 52.250 MHz USB.
Hope that's OK now.

Trevor
VK4ZU
VK3SIX

Re: Experimental SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz

Post by VK3SIX »

VK4ZU wrote:For those local/DX stations that may be interested I am operating an experimental analogue SSTV repeater on 50.680 MHz USB with a 1750 Hz tone access. ID Beacons at 30 minutes intervals. Antenna is a half wave vertical and power output is 10-15 watts. Repeater times will be random during daylight hours at this stage. My location is approximately 25 Km north of Brisbane.

Trevor
VK4ZU

Hate to bear bad tidings, but your service is/was illegal.
SSTV is not a valid mode below 52 mhz due to the protection afforded to Channel 0 service. You can only use SSB CW and low power RTTY no other mode is permitted according to ACMA website and licence details for 50-52.
How about you approach WIA and get the modes changed like we did with the 50-05 to 50.2.

3 cents.